Annoying pop-up

billjf

I am running a free edition of CCleaner v 5.67.7763 (64bit) on my Win 7 Pro computer.  How do I get rid of the popup asking me to update.  I don't want to.  The edition I have, together with other programmes gives me all I need so I will not be updating.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, billjf said:

I am running a free edition of CCleaner v 5.67.7763 (64bit) on my Win 7 Pro computer.  How do I get rid of the popup asking me to update.  I don't want to.  The edition I have, together with other programmes gives me all I need so I will not be updating.

Open CCleaner. Select Options. Select Updates. Select perform updates manually.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I assume you have unticked "Show me notifications for these updates" as well?

When you say pop-ups do you mean the notification that pops up when you open CCleaner, or do you mean the advertising ones that appear in the bottom right of the desktop?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

The pop up I'm talking about is the one that periodically comes up at the bottom right hand side of the screen getting me to update to the Pro version.  I've unticked everything I can see that applies.

• Moderators

You can't stop those offer/advertising poop-ups. (Other than blocking the servers in your firewall which then causes other problems).

It's like advertising mail through your letterbox, if it's only periodic then just ignore it.

However if it's happening everyday then there is something wrong, they set a flag to say that it's been shown and don't show it again, or don't show another for xxxx days.
Sometimes users clear that flag themselves (on a regular basis) , so with no flag set they keep getting them.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

If I'm not messing about then I'll see one, maybe 2 or 3 different ones, round about once every 3 months.

I'm not typical though as I will play about, uninstall/reinstall CCleaner, (different versions), etc. when trying to see what is going on and help posters here.
So what I'm doing with my testing can delete those 'don't show again until' flags.

Like I say, it's not a real problem, if you are not interested then just ignore them.

• Admin
6 hours ago, billjf said:

The pop up I'm talking about is the one that periodically comes up at the bottom right hand side of the screen getting me to update to the Pro version

The "buy me" popups will generally only appear a few times a year - and only if there is a noteworthy sales on.  They will usually contain words like "sale" or "discount" or "price" and have a call to action button with a word like "buy" in it.

Sounds like what you are referring to is not the pitch to buy the Pro version, but the service notifications telling you, as a free user, that there is a new version of CCleaner available for free download - eg: if you are on 5.67 now that 5.68 has been released. There is a plain text one that pops shortly after the new version is released, and if you are more than a few versions out of date there will also be some higher visibility ones titled along the lines of "Your CCleaner is out of Date" and will have a call to action button with words like "update now".  Clicking may take you directly to the free download or it may take you to a page where you are invited to take the opportunity to also upgrade to the paid version - if this happens and you are not interested in buying then you can "nope" your way through to get to the free download that you're after.

We always recommend that our users update to the latest version, or at the very least never fall more than 6 months behind.  Cleaning is a perpetually moving target, with new releases of the software and OS that we clean up after meaning that if you fall too far behind with your CCleaner version then our effectiveness can start to diminish.  

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

and how i can use automatically update in background? without any notify??

https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/command-line-parameters

ccleaner.exe /update -> Performs an immediate silent update. <--- it seems to be for versions "business" and "technician"

ccleaner64.exe /update -> for 64bit

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Admin
On 25/06/2020 at 17:12, domisiho said:

and how i can use automatically update in background? without any notify??

The built-in "new version" notifications that look like this ...

image.png

... can be controlled under Options > Updates > Product Updates > Show me notifications ...

image.png

... although if you leave it for too long (usually 3-6 months) between updates, you will still be poked by the "out of date" pop-ups.

As per the screenshot above, the automatic product updates is a paid feature, and unlocked with CCleaner Professional:

image.png

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes