ouch

Was it part of your training LOTW? lmao

At least you didn't mase yourself on accident (like I did once). I wanted to spray the mase to see if was a stream, mist, etc...just curious, right? I sprayed it and a nice gust of wind came and blew it right back in my face! I couldn't open my eyes for about 15 minutes.

My friends made fun of me for weeks! :P It was hilarious....

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

i got subjected to being pepper sprayed and tasered in the last month. damn those hurt. ive got the burns to prove it.

Wow, that blows! So, what exactly is being pepper sprayed and tasered supposed to teach you? Or is it just entertainment for your higher-ups? :P

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

it is supposed to help us articulate in court exactly how it feels for a suspect to experience it, and helps us understand how painful it is so that we wont wantonly deploy them on suspects.

the taser completely incapacitates you and is painful-but only lasts 5 seconds a blast. the pepper spray is BRUTAL and lasted 45 minutes-feels like hot coals being rubbed into your eyes-but you can still fight and is not incapacitating.

i think i would rather the taser-but some people say otherwise.

So what is next?

Get kicked in the nuts?

You do this willingly?

Maybe you should consider a career in Jackass.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

lol! we have use of force training where we punch a punching bag until exhausted, then lie down on a mat and have to fight two of our classmates to get off of the mat. its training to help build our stamina and physical strength if/when we are engaged in a life or death encounter. unfortunately, this kind of training is needed to perform our duties.

yes, im in the police academy. its a lot of fun. tons of tests though. have to take piles of law, specialized drivers training, computer training, firearms, physical, practical scenarios, lots of polishing, ironing, shining, marching, working out, etc. i cant speak for the US, but in Canada it is a great job. Great pay, lots of benefits, pension, etc. with a ton of variety, and lots of room to learn and grow. the latter is why i joined. i actually took a pay cut. :(

sounds like fun, except for the pepper spray and taser thing although i cant see the spray doing much, i wanna try that this weekend. wish me luck!

Grow a coupla varieties of hot chillies here and after chopping some up I have inadvertantly rubbed an itchy eye and blimey that burns like hell just from the small residue left on my fingers. :angry:

Even washing your hands after chopping them up doesn't get rid of the residue.Oh well,you live and learn. :rolleyes:

jalapeno peppers have a heat value of 1000-2000, while pepper spray (OC) has a heat value of 1,000,000. imagine the pain. :(

MY EYES ARE BURRRRNNINNGGG!!!!

d11b.jpg

Anyway, it does make sense that they make you do it (but I'm sure it doesn't make it feel any better :( ). I never knew how much work and dedication it takes to be a police officer; and with so little credit, you people are amazing :)

• 4 weeks later...

well, training is getting more intense. i have a black eye, purple bruises from my neck to my feet and lots of skin torn off my feet-this all from grappling and boxing training. spent the the last couple of days and tommorrow in simunition training-basically we are put through scenarios and encounter deadly force threats and have to deal with them. they set it up real realistic, and its rough and tumble, heart rate flies, but lots of fun. today i got "shock knifed"-basically a plastic knife that when they touch you, you get electricuted and it actually feels like a cut. hmmmmm. one classmate went to the hospital today. only one so far. a few puked and we had one go into convulsions from the effort, but hes good now.

good times.

NO MERCY! LIVE ROUNDS !!!

lol, someone's been watching too much Super Troopers. :P

ding, ding!

amazing, lokoike posted.

BTW, where did you come up with that name?!?!

That's my deep, dark secret. :P

ding, ding!