New Firefox available

Humpty

New FF.

Download

What's New

-Fixes for various security issues, some serious

-Fixes for 3 memory leaks

-Fixes for various crash bugs

-Fixes for upgrading issues such as the gray bar, toolbar reset, and lost search engines

-Firefox 1.5.0.2 for Macintosh is a universal binary

Mozilla Firefox 1.0.8 is also available for users who can not or do not wish to use Mozilla Firefox 1.5.x.

• Moderators

FF users remember that FF now has integrated upates that don't require you to download the full installer anymore. You can either wait for FF to prompt you to update or go to Help>Check for updates. This will prevent you from having to download the whole program.

• Moderators

FF users remember that FF now has integrated upates that don't require you to download the full installer anymore. You can either wait for FF to prompt you to update or go to Help>Check for updates. This will prevent you from having to download the whole program.

That's good to know it can incrementally update itself!

• Moderators

That's good to know it can incrementally update itself!

That was the biggest addition from 1.0 to 1.5. I think its an awesome idea since if needed one day they can quickly add security patches and the users wont have to check to go get them.

• Moderators

Indeed, and there isn't any reason to not upgrade/update since it can automatically do it all by itself.

I never thought I'd be swaying away from Opera in a mere two or so days! :o

Firefox is giving very good impressions daily - plus it has just a tad bit more vertical viewing space.

Indeed, and there isn't any reason to not upgrade/update since it can automatically do it all by itself.

I never thought I'd be swaying away from Opera in a mere two or so days! :o

Firefox is giving very good impressions daily - plus it has just a tad bit more vertical viewing space.

hi all,i am still using firefox 1.0.7 having no probs with it,is there any reason i should upgrade,cus the way i see it if it aint broke dont fix

One thing to consider is that if you have a lot of extensions, some will probably not be compatable with the newer versions of FireFox. Usually they are updated rather quickly but some never seem to be. Of course, that's only one thing to consider...

Adblock is compatable though, thankfully :D !

hi all,i am still using firefox 1.0.7 having no probs with it,is there any reason i should upgrade,cus the way i see it if it aint broke dont fix

Well, both 1.0.8 and 1.5.0.2 updates contain security fixes, which clearly fix something that is broken.

If you don't want to upgrade to the 1.5 platform, at least you should install 1.0.8

But here are some information why the Mozilla developers recommend upgrading to 1.5.

Well, both 1.0.8 and 1.5.0.2 updates contain security fixes, which clearly fix something that is broken.

If you don't want to upgrade to the 1.5 platform, at least you should install 1.0.8

But here are some information why the Mozilla developers recommend upgrading to 1.5.

am not sure how to get these quotes off,the only two extensions i have is a wmlbroser and flashgot,as i can understand from the info i got from the mozilla forums you dont need extensions,i have one theme the redcats one.....i think i will upgrade to the 1.5 for the security reasons as stated,thanks for your help

am not sure how to get these quotes off,the only two extensions i have is a wmlbroser and flashgot,as i can understand from the info i got from the mozilla forums you dont need extensions,i have one theme the redcats one.....i think i will upgrade to the 1.5 for the security reasons as stated,thanks for your help

have just upgraded to 1.5.0.2,all seems well thanks

have just upgraded to 1.5.0.2,all seems well thanks

A little late now, but I just thought I'd mention one thing I really like about 1.5 as opposed to 1.0 is the redesigned Options window. I feel it has a more logical and easy-to-use setup than the previous version did.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Glad you're happy with the upgrade me20000. The security upgrades are an important consideration. I'm glad pwillener brought it up since I didn't even think of it :mellow: .

To reply without any quotes, use the 'AddReply' button at the end of the thread :) .

A little late now, but I just thought I'd mention one thing I really like about 1.5 as opposed to 1.0 is the redesigned Options window. I feel it has a more logical and easy-to-use setup than the previous version did.

just noticed the options menu,thats alot better,not knowing what i am doing have just left it as it was when downloaded,just one question,when i download stuff why does it download to the desktop,if this is normal is it ok to delete when the files have been extracted thanks

hi mike,yes am glad i have upgraded now,if pwillener had not pointed that out i wouldnt of upgraded thanks

i used add reply but the quote still came up

just noticed the options menu,thats alot better,not knowing what i am doing have just left it as it was when downloaded,just one question,when i download stuff why does it download to the desktop,if this is normal is it ok to delete when the files have been extracted thanks

The desktop is the default location that files are downloaded to. If you have a folder that you would rather your downloads go into, you can specify this by going into Firefox's options, clicking the Download button at the top, and choosing the location. For example, I have all of my downloads go into a folder called "Downloads" located under My Documents.

And after you extract or install whatever was contained in your downloaded item, you can safely remove it. However, if you download something that you may want to install in the future, it might save you time to keep the installer in a safe place in case it needs to be used again.

ding, ding!

The desktop is the default location that files are downloaded to. If you have a folder that you would rather your downloads go into, you can specify this by going into Firefox's options, clicking the Download button at the top, and choosing the location. For example, I have all of my downloads go into a folder called "Downloads" located under My Documents.

And after you extract or install whatever was contained in your downloaded item, you can safely remove it. However, if you download something that you may want to install in the future, it might save you time to keep the installer in a safe place in case it needs to be used again.

thanks lokoike,made new folder my downloads,so hopefully they will go in there,as you know i have just downloaded and upgraded firefox on my destop theres this icon saying firefox set up,is this needed any more,many thanks for your help

thanks lokoike,made new folder my downloads,so hopefully they will go in there,as you know i have just downloaded and upgraded firefox on my destop theres this icon saying firefox set up,is this needed any more,many thanks for your help

Nope, you can delete it unless you think you may want to reinstall FF in the future. Of course, even if you do delete it and need it in the future, you can always redownload it, so you might as well get rid of it.

ding, ding!

Nope, you can delete it unless you think you may want to reinstall FF in the future. Of course, even if you do delete it and need it in the future, you can always redownload it, so you might as well get rid of it.

thanks lokoike sorry i was picking at your brains there for a moment,but its all new to me this computer lark,but i love finding out new things everyday :)

thanks lokoike sorry i was picking at your brains there for a moment,but its all new to me this computer lark,but i love finding out new things everyday :)

No need to worry! There's so little brain left that I hardly notice when people pick it anyway. :D

ding, ding!