iTunes stops working for Windows XP users

hazelnut

• Moderators

iTunes stops working for Windows XP users, Apple security change likely to blame

http://venturebeat.com/2015/04/22/itunes-stops-working-for-windows-xp-users-apple-security-change-likely-to-blame/

iTunes users who still run Windows XP started to experience connectivity issues this week. As documented in an Apple Support Communities thread, they can’t log into the iTunes store, meaning functions like buying content, watching already purchased movies and TV shows, playing DRM-protected content, backing up, updating, and syncing all do not work.

It appears that Apple changed something on Monday night or Tuesday morning and either didn’t bother testing on Windows XP or simply didn’t care it would leave XP users behind

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

if you believe these stats from w3schools, http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp, XP users have fallen below 5%, so all companies at some stage (soon) will start cutting off their XP revenue streams as cost to support it become unjustified.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Much the same stats from here.  6 to 8 percent for Europe & USA, ~ 3 percent for UK, ~28 percent for China, so China drives up the worldwide average  to ~10 percent.

http://gs.statcounter.com/#os-eu-monthly-201403-201504

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I still use it. I'm contemplating rather or not it will be the last Microsoft OS I use, as I am very tired of Windows in general.

Just a thought.  There are about 1.4 billion people in China.  If 28 percent still use win xp, and 1 percent of those spend $5 with apple, thats a substantial revenue. Wonder if they will give that up?

Tried to figure it, so I could cite some impressive number, but got lost in the zeroes, so will just say "substantial revenue".  :lol:

I'm assuming that the reports of pirated software are correct, but still it seems reasonable to think 1 percent will spend something with apple, eh?

Edit:  Still using xp here also, will do so until the final lap.  All kidding aside, it just does everything I need, quicker that win 7 and more comprehensible that win 8.  It doesn't have those tracking bugs that we read about which can't be removed, and, popular opinion notwithstanding, has less vulnerabilities that 7 or 8.  If properly managed, of course. 

'nuther edit:  When at last it is necessary to leave xp, I'll probably go to Linux.  Also just tired of windows. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

whatever your thoughts on Apple are, all agree they are in it for the money (who isn't).

they are after all a multinational corporation with demanding boards, shareholders and us customers.

whatever your estimate is on the 'substantial revenue', they must have figures that show the 'support' cost is more.

hard to believe, but one thing all successful business's have a close eye on is money coming in must exceed money going out.

they're always looking to cut unprofitable departments who have no chance of ever turning things around.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Just a thought.  There are about 1.4 billion people in China.  If 28 percent still use win xp, and 1 percent of those spend $5 with apple, thats a substantial revenue.

They probably have their own service all to themselves so all the money stays in China.