which download manager do u use?

wgan

I use freedownload manager at this moment, but I found file corruption problem several times, last night, I encounted it once again which makes me decided to switch to another free download manager, which one do u have besides FDM?

• Moderators

You could give the open source WackGet a try. It doesn't install any adware or spyware like many other dl managers are known for doing, and is probably the smallest in download size dl manager available. There's also a Firefox extension available.

Even if you're on high-speed there are times when a dl manager can be useful, such as downloading from a server that continiously kills your connection.

I dont really use any download manager, since I am on a high-speed broadband Internet connection. 10 mbit/s! ;)

However, when I use one, which is very very rarely, it is 'wget'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wget

http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Most of the time i use IE dl manager but for files larger than 30-40 Mb i use SDM (Sun download manager (java program))...

btw FreshDevices has adware inself! PestPatrol, eScan and Netscape antispyware is detecting it (and here is why:

did you see that FD is after i whille displays banner where is written: "There is a new version of FD"? That is robot or something like that and it's programmed to display that banner at xx.xx.xxxx date. and there is bug:

after a while he just stops to donwload program or any file (on several pc-s)!?)

I use FDM. I likes it lots. I had this experience once, I don't know what caused this, but I remember a while back downloading some junk using the standard Firefox deal and the speed was extra slow and I'm on broadband, so I thought I might as well throw it on FDM and the speed was way way quicker.

Speaking of FDM, how do I add it for ccleaner to clear out the list? I tried a while back but it didn't work.

• Moderators

Speaking of FDM, how do I add it for ccleaner to clear out the list? I tried a while back but it didn't work.

You can create an entry in winapp2.ini. See the winapp2.ini submissions thread for examples of how to make your own entry. If your entry works remember to submit it via the winapp2.ini thread to TwistedMetal in a PM, although I don't know when it would get added since TwistedMetal hasn't been around for a long time. Is anyone else worried about him?