Java Updated

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators

Since the last discussion on this forum about Java (3 months ago?) I've been taking Java off whenever & where ever I see it in an effort to nut out any downside or software that still requires it.

So far, so good.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Since the last discussion on this forum about Java (3 months ago?) I've been taking Java off whenever & where ever I see it in an effort to nut out any downside or software that still requires it.

So far, so good.

Should make a game out of it. Award prizes to whoever can remove the most JRE installs in a single month.

I'm Shane.

I think I'll start keeping track of sites that require it . . .there've been very few since I uninstalled it years ago.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I am still using some software that require Java. I have installed this update.

what's the software?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

I think I'll start keeping track of sites that require it . . .there've been very few since I uninstalled it years ago.

The only site I knew of years ago that required it was for Trend Micro HouseCall, that free online virus scanning service. Any other site that required it I would've never trusted, and software that requires it is antiquated to me.

• Moderators

My mother has some commercial cooking software that uses JRE it's supposedly the "newest" version of the cooking software but its horrifying to see the JRE they install with it is years old and vulnerable. It would've been smarter and safer if they had instead JRE from the official website so it could be updated regularly versus embedding that old version.

Guest Keatah

There's a few cool physics applets that unfortunately require java. So does my investment portfolio tracker. Thank heavens I've been able to keep it limited to those apps. They're apps I can trust and have used for years.

Otherwise Java is a no-go on my systems. It's like so 2000-ish you know?

• Moderators

The daytrotter.com and Wolfgang's Vault websites (where you can get small intimate four-six song live exclusive versions of hundreds on musicians (from 1940s C&W stars to some of the latest Rap And Hip-Hop to Industrial Sludge Electronica/Rock groups) still uses JAVA for their downloader, I think that's my only non-application based hold out

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Guest Keatah

Speakeasy.net broadband speedtest needs it too I believe.

Java is one of those fad types of languages that burn hot for a year or two and then hopefully fizzle away. Levering everyone to wonder WTF?

Java is one of those fad types of languages that burn hot for a year or two and then hopefully fizzle away. Levering everyone to wonder WTF?

Java is still the most used programming language in Industry, at least in Australia. It's also the de facto standard for software engineering/computer science classes for (at least) the first two years. We may hate it, but Java isn't going anywhere. Not to mention Android, which almost exclusively uses Java for app development.

To describe one of the most dominant languages of the past two decades as "a fad" borders on ridiculous.

I'm Shane.

Guest Keatah

I wouldn't know anything about programming beyond the traditional languages. But I do know I dislike Java applications.