Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

I can't reproduce this on 1.5.8220.27841 using either a local or remote file, are you using an include/exclude list or a non-default winapp2.ini? If so, do you mind sharing?

Also, is the user account control enabled and is winapp2ool running as administrator? Looking at the stack there it looks like a permissions error while trying to access a VirtualStore location.

16 minutes ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I can't reproduce this on 1.5.8220.27841 using either a local or remote file, are you using an include/exclude list or a non-default winapp2.ini? If so, do you mind sharing?

I've opened an issue on github to track this: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/issues/899

After I download Winapp2.ini from Github, I merge a Custom.ini file that I've updated/added to/used for years.  The custom.ini file is attached.  

I did a test.  I downloaded the latest Winapp2.ini from Github, placed Winapp2.ini in the CCleaner folder(no merging of my Custom.ini file).  I then used Winappool2.exe v1.5.8220.27841 to Trim Winapp2.ini.  It trimmed without aborting.  So it appears that the merging of my Custom.ini file with Winapp2.ini causes the Trim abort.  I'm pretty certain there are no errors in the Custom.ini file.

custom.zip

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Here is Winapp2.ini after I've merged my Custom.ini file with it and before I attempt to Trim it.

Megedwinapp2.zip

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

When the Trim abort occurs, there is another Event Viewer error that occurs along with the error I've already posted.  It is a .NET Runtime error 1026

Application: winapp2ool.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
   at winapp2ool.Trim.checkExist(System.String)
   at winapp2ool.Trim+_Closure$__50-0._Lambda$__0(winapp2ool.iniKey)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].ForEach(System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.mkVsKeys(System.String[], System.String[], winapp2ool.keyList ByRef)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.vsKeyChecker(winapp2ool.keyList ByRef)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.virtualStoreChecker(winapp2ool.winapp2entry ByRef)
   at winapp2ool.Trim+_Closure$__52-0._Lambda$__0(winapp2ool.winapp2entry)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].ForEach(System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.processEntryList(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<winapp2ool.winapp2entry> ByRef)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.trimFile(winapp2ool.winapp2file)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.initTrim()
   at winapp2ool.Trim.handleUserInput(System.String)
   at winapp2ool.MenuMaker.initModule(System.String, System.Action, System.Action`1<System.String>, Int32)
   at winapp2ool.MenuMaker.initModule(System.String, System.Action, System.Action`1<System.String>, Int32)
   at winapp2ool.launcher.main()

Hmmm, wonder if this is related to fact that I installed Microsoft .NET Runtime - 6.0.6 (x64) which is the latest .NET Runtime.

37 minutes ago, siliconman01 said:

Here is Winapp2.ini after I've merged my Custom.ini file with it and before I attempt to Trim it.

Megedwinapp2.zip 194.32 kB · 1 download

I had no issues trimming this file and don't see any obvious syntax errors inside it or custom.ini. Likewise, winappdebug doesn't report any major issues.

Is the UAC enabled? My best guess is that this is a permissions issue when trying to access something in VirtualStore, perhaps for an application that is running?

5 minutes ago, siliconman01 said:

When the Trim abort occurs, there is another Event Viewer error that occurs along with the error I've already posted.  It is a .NET Runtime error 1026

Application: winapp2ool.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
   at winapp2ool.Trim.checkExist(System.String)
   at winapp2ool.Trim+_Closure$__50-0._Lambda$__0(winapp2ool.iniKey)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.mkVsKeys(System.String[], System.String[], winapp2ool.keyList ByRef)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.vsKeyChecker(winapp2ool.keyList ByRef)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.virtualStoreChecker(winapp2ool.winapp2entry ByRef)
   at winapp2ool.Trim+_Closure$__52-0._Lambda$__0(winapp2ool.winapp2entry)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.processEntryList(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<winapp2ool.winapp2entry> ByRef)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.trimFile(winapp2ool.winapp2file)
   at winapp2ool.Trim.initTrim()
   at winapp2ool.Trim.handleUserInput(System.String)
   at winapp2ool.launcher.main()

Hmmm, wonder if this is related to fact that I installed Microsoft .NET Runtime - 6.0.6 (x64) which is the latest .NET Runtime.

This is definitely the issue, I just updated to 6.0.6 and can reproduce. I will investigate

45 minutes ago, Winapp2.ini said:

This is definitely the issue, I just updated to 6.0.6 and can reproduce. I will investigate

Does the problem still occur if you remove this entry?

[Logitech Setpoint/Options Language *]

This entry has |RECURSE attached to some of the ExcludeKeys (6, 7, and 8) which I don't believe is a supported flag for that KeyType, Perhaps I'll add a check for this in winappdebug

26 minutes ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Does the problem still occur if you remove this entry?

[Logitech Setpoint/Options Language *]

If I remove [Logitech Setpoint/Options Language *] from my Custom.ini file, Trim no longer aborts.  What is in that module that needs to be changed to make it work?

10 minutes ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Remove the |RECURSE from ExcludeKey6-8

That worked.  Trim no longer aborts.

Will you be able to modify Winapp2ool.exe so that the |RECURSE can be added back to [Logitech Setpoint/Options Language *] ?? 

1 hour ago, siliconman01 said:

Will you be able to modify Winapp2ool.exe so that the |RECURSE can be added back to [Logitech Setpoint/Options Language *] ?? 

As @Winapp2.ini has already written, the official syntax for ExcludeKey does not support |RECURSE. The |RECURSE is not needed and can be removed. It does not change the function of the ExcludeKey. (The many other similarly structured ExcludeKeys in your custom.ini also have no |RECURSE and work.) I suspect that this was a copy and paste mistake, since the corresponding FileKey was used as template for the ExcludeKeys.

3 hours ago, APMichael said:

As @Winapp2.ini has already written, the official syntax for ExcludeKey does not support |RECURSE. The |RECURSE is not needed and can be removed. It does not change the function of the ExcludeKey. (The many other similarly structured ExcludeKeys in your custom.ini also have no |RECURSE and work.) I suspect that this was a copy and paste mistake, since the corresponding FileKey was used as template for the ExcludeKeys.

I've made a change to winapp2ool that'll be available alongside the next update that will prevent this issue. in the future it will silently discard any extra flags attached to an ExcludeKey

Likewise, winappdebug has been modified to detect extra flags in ExcludeKeys

Thanks much for the explanations and fixes!  😉  Often it takes my 79-year old brain to absorb this technical knowledge.😆

• 2 weeks later...

CCleaner 5.91 and 6.0.2 miss cleaning Opera's GRShaderCache\GPUCache folder.  Winapp.ini uses SpecialKey so it isn't transparent what is cleaned in [Opera - Internet Cache] which cleans the other GPUCache folders.

For Removedentries.ini, FileKey2 could be added to catch this and the other GPUCache folders.

[Opera GPU Cache Extras *]
LangSecRef=3027
Detect=HKCU\Software\Opera Software
FileKey1=%AppData%\Opera Software\Opera*\GPUCache|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\Opera Software\Opera*\*\GPUCache|*.*

For Winapp2.ini, since CCleaner gets the other GPUCache folders:

[Opera Gr Shader Cache*] (or whatever it should be named until CCleaner adds it)
LangSecRef=3027
Detect=HKCU\Software\Opera Software
FileKey1=%AppData%\Opera Software\Opera*\GrShaderCache\GPUCache|*.*

This may apply to OperaGX too but I don't have this browser installed to test.

• 3 weeks later...

Basilisk browser is active again.  A new developer has taken it over and has recently updated the released version to catch it up to Palemoon again.

Due to the new project ownership, understandably the profile path has changed so Winapp2.ini needs an update to support this.

The new profile paths are:

%AppData%\Basilisk-Dev\Basilisk\Profiles\*
%LocalAppData%\Basilisk-Dev\Basilisk\Profiles\*

"Moonchild Productions" has been replaced with "Basilisk-Dev".

An example entry (FileKey2 has been added):

[DOM Storage *]
LangSecRef=3026
Detect1=HKCU\Software\ArtistScope\ArtisBrowser
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Mozilla.Firefox_n80bbvh6b1yt2
Detect3=HKCU\Software\LibreWolf
Detect4=HKLM\Software\ComodoGroup\IceDragon
Detect5=HKLM\Software\FlashPeak\SlimBrowser
Detect6=HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Basilisk
Detect7=HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Pale Moon
Detect8=HKLM\Software\Mozilla\SeaMonkey
Detect9=HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Waterfox
DetectFile=%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox
FileKey1=%AppData%\ArtistScope\ArtisBrowser\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite
FileKey2=%AppData%\Basilisk-Dev\Basilisk\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite
FileKey3=%AppData%\Comodo\IceDragon\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite
FileKey4=%AppData%\FlashPeak\SlimBrowser\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite
FileKey5=%AppData%\LibreWolf\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite
FileKey6=%AppData%\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite
FileKey7=%AppData%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite
FileKey8=%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite
FileKey9=%AppData%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite
FileKey10=%AppData%\Waterfox\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Mozilla.Firefox_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*|webappsstore.sqlite

I think that FileKey6=%AppData%\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk line should remain for those who haven't upgraded yet, or who use unofficial but currently 3rd party maintained, Windows XP compatible, generic branded, "Serpent Browser" builds which still use the original paths at this point in time.

For those who use Basilisk, remember to updated your ccleaner.ini custom path to your new profile location.

• 2 weeks later...

Modified entry:  [TreeSize *]

Added DetectFile for new TreeSize version 6.0

[Treesize *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKCU\Software\JAM Software\TreeSize Free
Detect2=HKCU\Software\JAM Software\TreeSize Professional
DetectFile1=%ProgramFiles%\JAM Software\TreeSize Free
DetectFile2=%ProgramFiles%\JAM Software\TreeSize Professional
FileKey1=%AppData%\JAM Software\TreeSize *|GlobalOptions.bak0.xml

Edited by siliconman01
Changed DetectFile1, Added DetectFile2

On 23/07/2022 at 11:29, PICPro said:

CCleaner 5.91 and 6.0.2 miss cleaning Opera's GRShaderCache\GPUCache folder.  Winapp.ini uses SpecialKey so it isn't transparent what is cleaned in [Opera - Internet Cache] which cleans the other GPUCache folders.

Just to note that for CCleaner 6.0.3 in Windows 7 the above is still true.

• 2 weeks later...

Updates to Winapp2.ini seem to be in a "Run Silent, Run Deep" mode with no updates in quite some time. 

I'll have more time for this soon! very busy summer for me. Things are cooling down though and I'll have time to push that (and some changes to winapp2ool) through soon.

The scope of the changes has broadened far beyond my last update here I think, you can follow the changes on GitHub for now but I'll post a summary here as well when they're pushed

• 2 weeks later...

New entry:  [jv16 PowerTools Logs *]

[jv16 PowerTools Logs *]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools\jv16PT.exe
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools\Debug|*.log
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools\Settings|*.log

Modified entry:   [jv16 PowerTools *]

Removed FileKey2

[jv16 PowerTools *]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*|*.log;*.reg
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*\Settings|*.log
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*\Temp|*.*

In Removed entries.ini:

[NVIDIA Install Files Extras *] has LangSecRef=3023 (Mulitmedia).

This should probably be changed to LangSecRef=3024 (Utilities) to be the same as [NVIDIA *] and the built into CCleaner [NVIDIA Install Files] from winapp.ini.

Thank you,

• 2 weeks later...

Modified entry:  [UserBenchmark *]

Renamed [User Benchmark *] to [UserBenchmark]

Modified to accept latest UserBenchmark 3.21

[UserBenchmark *]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile1=%AppData%\UserBenchmark
DetectFile2=%ProgramFiles%\User Benchmark
FileKey1=%AppData%\UserBenchmark\User|*.log;*.log_old
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\UserBenchmark|*.*|REMOVESELF