Geronimo the Baby Turtle

LuLu

I rescued this little guy yesterday (we think he's a snapper turtle). He was in the pool skimmer and almost got sucked down into the pump. :o I figure a bird must've dropped him while flying by. So I named him Geronimo and now have him set up in my fish tank. I'll release him in my aunt's lake when he's big enough.

8592f647997177.gif

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Yeah it's a good thing I was doing some maintenance and saw him before it was too late. He's about the 3rd turtle that's been dropped in our pool over the years in addition to one I found our front walk some years ago. It's a good thing I always have a fish tank handy. lol

When I was 7 I rode on the back of a giant tortoise at Knotts Berry Farm in LA around 1965. Slowest ride in town but very fun.

How fun!!

Geronimo? Thats the coolest name for a turtle I ever heard, but how did you think of it? :lol:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

LOL Thanks. It's actually kinda dumb how I came up with it. I had thought about all the old cartoons and how the characters would yell "geronimooooo" as they jumped off a cliff or something, so for some reason it seemed kinda fitting since he was most likely dropped by a bird. It sounds really dumb now but it made sense at the time. haha

You're a good person Lulu for rescuing this little guy.

I remember on two occasions my wife and I have stopped on a highway and tried to help a snapping turtle cross the road safely. On both occasions the turtle was a fairly big size so we figured it was quite old. We discovered they can rotate extremely quick and snap at you with lightning speed. I guess it saw us as a treat rather than a savior. Both times we did manage to get it across to safety.

BTW, I think Geronimo is a great name for him.

LOL Thanks.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get the turtles across safely. I hope neither of you got bit though. Snappers can and will be quite aggressive as they get older. Even the little one I have now, no matter how much he's handled, will turn into a biting machine when he grows up. But it's great that you helped out the turtles!! :D Not too many people will do it. I've seen so many people here either bypass them or just plow through them. It's sad.

The last turtle I rescued before this little guy was actually a tortoise that was trying to cross the road. There was no safe place to put her (we figured she was dumped off by someone since there were no woods or anything where we found her) so I ended up bringing her home and she lived in my backyard and the patio until I found a wooded area to let her go. I named her Myrtle and I was able to hand feed her bananas and salad greens.

Mom told me I should have my own non-profit turtle rescue. haha

• Moderators

In the UK it's mainly hedgehogs that people rescue from roadsides etc.

Bit difficult to keep them in a fish tank as most of them end up flat :)

I think it is illegal to own a hedgehog in California (just thought I'd throw that fact in for Corona!)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I've never seen a live turtle. Although way back in grade school there was a teacher from Argentina (that also taught in the U.S. half the year) that brought in this huge shell with him to show the class.

I think it is illegal to own a hedgehog in California

Unless you own the SEGA version, Sonic. :P

LOL Thanks. It's actually kinda dumb how I came up with it. I had thought about all the old cartoons and how the characters would yell "geronimooooo" as they jumped off a cliff or something, so for some reason it seemed kinda fitting since he was most likely dropped by a bird. It sounds really dumb now but it made sense at the time. haha

That is really funny...I can see it now that you say it..."geronimooooo". :lol:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

In the UK it's mainly hedgehogs that people rescue from roadsides etc.

Bit difficult to keep them in a fish tank as most of them end up flat :)

I think it is illegal to own a hedgehog in California (just thought I'd throw that fact in for Corona!)

I think it's illegal in a lot of places to own one. But that usually doesn't stop anyone. lol

I've never seen a live turtle. Although way back in grade school there was a teacher from Argentina (that also taught in the U.S. half the year) that brought in this huge shell with him to show the class.

Wow I can't believe you never saw a live turtle. Not even at the zoo or in a pet store or anything?

That is really funny...I can see it now that you say it..."geronimooooo". :lol:

Exactly! lol

I'm not in California anymore, but I don't think I'd want a hedgehog. And I do have all the Sonic games. But I'd rather have a fennec fox. Better yet, I'd rather know someone who has a fennec fox, that way I don't have to clean up its mess.

When I was a kid in Denmark I had a hedgehog as a pet, as well as a Wirehaired Fox Terrier. After immigrating to Canada my big brother found a baby squirrel nearly drowned in a gutter so we nurtured him back to health and kept him as a pet for quite sometime. He eventually found a mate and decided to move on in the wilds. For about a year he would make an appearance from time to time just to say hi, then one day we never saw him again. This particular squirrel made a very nice pet, he was so cute.

I haven't seen any either. You rarely see anything cool here in India. I have seen and fed a baby aligator!

In the zoo, though I have seen a loin - tiger cross O.o And many exotic birds. I guess that's about it. An yeah, the one horned rhino!

Simplicity is hard.

When I was a kid in Denmark I had a hedgehog as a pet, as well as a Wirehaired Fox Terrier. After immigrating to Canada my big brother found a baby squirrel nearly drowned in a gutter so we nurtured him back to health and kept him as a pet for quite sometime. He eventually found a mate and decided to move on in the wilds. For about a year he would make an appearance from time to time just to say hi, then one day we never saw him again. This particular squirrel made a very nice pet, he was so cute.

Hedgehogs are so cute! I almost bought one not too long ago, but mom told me she'd kill me if I did. LOL

The baby squirrel sounds adorable. Not many people would have done what you guys did for him, so that's definitely commenable. :)

I haven't seen any either. You rarely see anything cool here in India. I have seen and fed a baby aligator!

In the zoo, though I have seen a loin - tiger cross O.o And many exotic birds. I guess that's about it. An yeah, the one horned rhino!

So you've actuallty seen a Liger? That's so awesome. I've only seen one on TV. They're pretty awesome....and soooo rare!

LuLu, you're a star.

Oh yes, I forgot to add.

I agree with Dennis, such deeds deserve a standing ovation. :)

Even though they are small, it has a big (positive) impact. It's really nice of you :D

Thanks. B) But I just did what needed to be done. I'm such a softy when it comes to animals. lol

Haven't ever seen them at those places either, just on TV and in particular sea turtles.

Wow I'm amazed. Shoot, next time I rescue one I'll send it to you. lol j/k

What's really cool is swimming with sea turtles. I've only had the opportunity once...totally mind blowing. I'd love to move down to the Florida Keys and work at the Sea Turtle Rehab Center, but it'll never happen. lol