New User

Picablu

I guess I've clicked on everything on the screen, and now I'm not even sure how I got here. Am I actually entering a post now? If somone/anyone would respond to this (and list step by step how to post and how to find a response to it), it would really be helpful.

yep you found out how to post a topic :)

New Topic = creates a new topic in the forum you are in ("The Lounge")

Reply = created a reply to a topic "post" you are in (eg: I'm in your topic now)

Fast Reply = again is a reply to the topic you are in but with out some of the fancy extras

By the way, welcome to the forum, you should find we are quite helpful :)

Off topic:

... the image tag seems to be disabled (my post would have looked so much nicer.)

fireryone

I guess I've clicked on everything on the screen, and now I'm not even sure how I got here. Am I actually entering a post now? If somone/anyone would respond to this (and list step by step how to post and how to find a response to it), it would really be helpful.

Hi.............hope this is the way to go. Trying to respond to your kind reply. Clicked on REPLY above your message and got this box to type in. Thank you for the welcome and the info you provided. I hope this reaches you.

Hello hazelnut. I clicked on the REPLY box at the top of your reply to my New User post. Than you for the welcome and the information you provided. I hope to be able to find this so I'll know if this was successful.

To reply to your post I have clicked on the 'fast reply' button and written this.

Then I will press the 'add reply' button underneath where I am typing. :)

Welcome here Picablu :)

Hi fireryone. Thank you for the welcome and the information you provided. I think I'm replying to your reply now. Also think I somewhat understand the difference between REPLY and FAST REPLY.

I see you are from Australia. I'm a 73 years old grandma who used to run home from school to sit in front of a big box radio and listen to my favorite kid programs. Now I'm retired, sitting in my den, trying to get used to a new laptop with VISTA instead of the XP I'm used to, and learning to post with someone in Australia. AMAZING!

yep you found out how to post a topic :)

New Topic = creates a new topic in the forum you are in ("The Lounge")

Reply = created a reply to a topic "post" you are in (eg: I'm in your topic now)

Fast Reply = again is a reply to the topic you are in but with out some of the fancy extras

By the way, welcome to the forum, you should find we are quite helpful :)

Off topic:

... the image tag seems to be disabled (my post would have looked so much nicer.)

Hi fireryone......Thanks for the welcome and the information you provided. I think I'm replying to your post now.

Im a 73 yrs. old great grandma. Used to run home from school and sit in front of a big box radio and listen to my favorite kid programs. Now I'm eretired, sitting in my den, trying to get used to a new laptop with VISTA instead of the XP I'm used to, and learning to post to this site with a person from Australia. AMAZING!

• Moderators

Picablu when you press reply to quote a post and then write something as well (like you did in the post above) the reply button you press is just below the post not the one above it . That is why you have quoted me instead of fireryone.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

To reply to your post I have clicked on the 'fast reply' button and written this.

Hi hazelnut. Guess I goofed and you got my reply to fireryone. Oh well, learned one more thing. TEE-HEE. (haven't figured out how to insert an emoticon here)

Hi Picablu, and welcome to the forums. You'll find that all of us are very nice and helpful. :)

Thank you for the welcome icedrake. I'm learning how to reply to your reply. Haven't figured out how to insert an emoticon yet so here's a smile. I received several replies and am trying to answer all.

Hi hazelnut. I realized the bottom reply box is the one to use after I sent the wrong reply to you. I WILL learn to use this. There is literally a world of information on this site! It's going to be great once I've learned to use it comfortably.

I haven't figured how to insert an emoticon yet, so here's a smile for you.

in "Add Reply" mode just click one of the handy emoticon icons to the left of the text box

in "Fast Reply" click the smile emoticon above the text box (it should open a new window) then click the emote you want to use.

the other easy way to emote is to type

: ) without the space to get :)

: ( without the space to get :(

: D without the space to get :D

fireryone

in "Add Reply" mode just click one of the handy emoticon icons to the left of the text box

in "Fast Reply" click the smile emoticon above the text box (it should open a new window) then click the emote you want to use.

the other easy way to emote is to type

: ) without the space to get :)

: ( without the space to get :(

: D without the space to get :D

OK, thank you. :) I'm trying this to see if I get it right. Will preview before sending. Yay! Did it!