cmd line delete for kaspersky

hello2007

i thought i would try kaspersky so i disabled avast and installed kasp at the same time which i shouldn't of done since i needed to install kasp after totally disabling avast so now my cmputer won't start and im wondering how can i fix this from the cmd line? because it seems i cant fix it any other way, i already tried safe mode it didnt work and i tried the vista recover cd and that didnt work either. It's a very simliar problem like the comodo 1 but it doesnt seem to be as complex i think i just need a script to delete kaspersky from the cmd line

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

• Moderators

I take it you haven't got an image from the Macrium that is in your sig?

Some security programs need to be shut down before they can be uninstalled

Found a page here which mentions cmd line here.

Read carefully

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-uninstall-o...spersky-totally

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

no its not working lol uhh im cursed why does this only happen to me. i just wanted to try kaspersky and from that i end up again with a non bootable computer but to make matters worse its a different problem so whatever applied before doesnt work

comodo and kanspersky never again ever

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

• Moderators

If you ask me your problem started by leaving Avast installed. Even "disabling" Avast doesn't mean it's really "disabled" there's things like self-protection, etc., in many modern antivirus applications and fully disabling them usually details having to uninstall them to try out another one which is the practice I use.

Your poor computer, you seem to be having nothing but on going user inflicted issues.

i know hazel but its very frustrating when your computer wont work. It's best if im getting advice from anyone. Plus im sure its good if someone down the road on the forums has the same problem it could save them trouble. Im right now on my ubuntu cd once again and my computer works i find it amazing how that works

• Moderators
how can i get into the documents and settings from cmd if anyone knows

If you're using the Recovery Console by default it won't let you switch to that directory, and instead you have to know exact locations of files to delete via the Command Prompt. If you use something like a Bart PE boot disc you can use the A43 File Manager to go into that directory to manually delete the Kaspersky stuff, but don't forget about the program files folder either.

You should have uninstalled Avast first. But since this has happened there is a command line version of kaspersky which I am very sure if you visit there help center or forum if any they may be able to help. Am also checking and will reply soon

Antivirus do conflict with one another and you shouldn't install more than one at the same time especially after disabling one.

• Moderators

Frank the cmd line Kaspersky has been posted already by me above (scroll down the link)

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-uninstall-o...spersky-totally

It has already been suggested to him on other forums too.

I think hello knows now what he should have done.

Hello is good at getting into complicated situations (and he seems to manage to escape at the last minute) :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

how can i get into the documents and settings from cmd if anyone knows

Are you using Vista or XP?

1. Press either F8, F9, F10, F12 continuously depending on your system during boot up go to the boot dialog menu and choose the safe mode with command line prompt option and let the computer finalize the booting up process.

2. A command line prompt will appear on the screen. Now where you go depends on the drive where you had installed your OS, which is usually C:\ but can be any other drive letter like from D:\ to Z:\ . Lets use C

3. Type "C:\> dir" without the parentheses to go to C drive Directory and check if Documents and Setting Directory is there. You can do the same to the other drives if you are not sure where Documents and Settings is.

4. Type " cd Documents and Settings" to go to this directory

5. That simple. You should be able to view your files and even copy paste them between drives. the best way would have however be to have ultimate recovery cd or a Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD (PE Builder installed) in your system plus your OS installation CD for assistance

• Moderators

It matters where those parentheses are put too, for instance #4 in the instructions above will display and error, should be: cd "c:\documents and settings" (if using XP), but; if using the Recovery Console it won't allow you to switch to that dir hence the reason you need to know exact file paths, however a Google search will reveal how to de-cripple Recovery Console. Just better off using Bart PE, no hassles!

hazel and frank i already tried that link you gave trust me it isnt working its not so much im not listening its just that it isn't working i downloaded the removal tool and it wont open because im in ubuntu linux not windows, the whole instructions on that section are based on if you can get into windows ''go into safe mode to uninstall kasp'' i cant even get into safe mode or anything else. heres my info whenever i try to go to safe mode or safe mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt the computer loads and then always stops at a file called system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys and just stays like that untill i turn it off

also i can only get into the command prompt from the vista recovery cd

formfrank i already did that too i get a display off my downloads and users and program files etc by going to the c dir thing and then when i go dir users or anything else i get a display of all the users on this computer and then when i go to dir username i get a message saying c file or something not found and if i try to go to other sections of the dir doing that i get the same message -not found- or something like that

i can access alomst all my files from my ubuntu cd that are on my vista side so maybe i can delete kaspersky like that? if anyone knows how. i managed to delete the kasp download file that was on my desktop and some other kasp files but my computer still wouldnt boot in vista

I googled your issue with Safe Mode not starting up because of the crcdisk.sys issue, and I found that other people have had that problem too:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=607761

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...db-3e1811899ce6

Those are just two of the many: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chro...p;q=crcdisk.sys

Hopefully you'll find the answer to the crcdisk.sys issue within a topic, and you can get into safe mode to uninstall KAV.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums...e-72f22b180093/

thanks ice drake but that didnt work. do you or anyone else know how to use regedit on ubuntu? i went to terminal and typed apt etc and it just wouldnt download, so i went to the ubuntu software and ticked a box there to enable something that was recommended to get wine installed but that didnt work either so does anyone know how to install wine to get regedit on ubuntu

Here's a download link to Wine from Softpedia: http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Emul.../Wine-148.shtml

I was reading a forum post about using regedit through wine, and a person gave an answer and he said:

If you have installed Wine, go to Terminal (Applications >> Accessories >>Terminal).

Type regedit <enter>

It will open the registry editor.

Hope that helps in any way.

yes im into regedit but its not what i thought it was, i thought i was going to be able to get into window program files registries and delete antiviruses from there but its not showing them or any other prgram from my windows vista