multiple cleaning

yasherkoach

I do a thorough cleaning of all drives ("C", "D", external hard drive, and all flash drives) once a week with the followiing software in order (takes about 4-6 hours, but it is well worth the time): Window Washer (Webroot) with wipe deleted files; AVS Registry Cleaner (AVS); Windows Disk Cleaner; Ccleaner (Piriform) with registry clean and wipe deleted files; Glary Utilities (GlarySoftware), all its utilities; Advanced System Care (Iobit), all its utilities; Smart Defrag (Iobit); Deflagger (Piriform); Ad-Aware (Lavasoft), scan for trojans, spyware; Windows Check Disk (need to reboot); and Avast Professional Anti-Virus scan (Avast) (also during the reboot).

After all this is finished, the Vista operating system works like a charm

Anyone else have utilities that are used on a regular basis to clean the computer, if so, like to hear from you

• Moderators

I think you may find yasherkoach that the general opinion may be that it's a little bit of an excessive routine that you have there on a weekly basis :)

What browser are you using? Do you surf the Dark Side of the internet?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Using two different defrag tools back-to-back is getting you absolutely nowhere as one defrag tool will undo what the other has done using its own defrag method. I'd suggest sticking with one of them that you like the most.

I do a thorough cleaning of all drives ("C", "D", external hard drive, and all flash drives) once a week with the followiing software in order (takes about 4-6 hours, but it is well worth the time): Window Washer (Webroot) with wipe deleted files; AVS Registry Cleaner (AVS); Windows Disk Cleaner; Ccleaner (Piriform) with registry clean and wipe deleted files; Glary Utilities (GlarySoftware), all its utilities; Advanced System Care (Iobit), all its utilities; Smart Defrag (Iobit); Deflagger (Piriform); Ad-Aware (Lavasoft), scan for trojans, spyware; Windows Check Disk (need to reboot); and Avast Professional Anti-Virus scan (Avast) (also during the reboot).

After all this is finished, the Vista operating system works like a charm

Anyone else have utilities that are used on a regular basis to clean the computer, if so, like to hear from you

WT*... lol Thats quite a list you do.

I scan with malware bytes once a month (I'm always clean)

Run ccleaner startup but thats auto.

And my computer runs like a charm :lol:

Tbh, doing that much scanning you probbaly wont be paying constant attention and could cause harm.

for instance i hope you are being careful with the other registry cleaners. a lot of them can produce hundreds and hundreds of resualts and people just clikc 'fix'

Windows built in cleaner, is slow as hell, and ccleaner is better then webroots software IMO.

Glarys utilities i have know quite a few people ton run into serioues issues, I wouldnt recomend it.

So thats glarys, AVS, Advanced SystemCare, and ccleaners registry. just why? 4 registry scans.

I wouldnt trust a system maintanence application ever.

I dont run a AV, but if i did id not scan with it once a week. If its letting infections on weekly then its not worth having is it.

No fate but what we make

I wouldn't ever touch Win Registry.That's crucial part of the system.

I run CCleaner daily then Defrag before shutdown.

I run Advanced System Care montly (without Registry Cleaner).That's it

My machine runs smooth and like a charm :lol:

Mainly speaking, it's okay for a few pieces of garbage registry to exist. Like "shared folders" with nothing in them that just absolutely refuse to delete for no reason whatsoever, there are registry components that serve the same exact purpose and behave the same way. And there's no way to know who they are even if you run CCleaner, the safest registry cleaner around. You're still taking a chance.

Best bet is to become familiar with what CCleaner finds first. Often. Clean per wisdom.

Also from what i have been told before, defraggin is a bad idea for solid state drives, coz it stresses the disk unneccesarily and you shouldn't have to defrag solid state because the spinning speed issue doesn't exist

No fate but what we make

its not relevant because solid state doesn't have the seek spin up time etc. of hard drives. fragmentation doesn't affect the speed of the disk in the same way

No fate but what we make