Are You Upgrading to Win7?

ishan_rulz

• Moderators

I skipped vista on all of my current computers so I will be buying a win 7 computer, I haven't decided if I want to build it or buy it from dell/hp/ect. Just depends on the mood I'm in at the time.

I will not be upgrading any of my current computers though. They all are capable of running 7 but xp is still rock solid and I cant think of any reason to abandon it right now(as long as MS still updates it).

I'll be sticking with XP. A) No need for a change, B) can't afford a change and C) don't really want a change. lol

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

My household currently has 3 Vista computers that are up and running, they will be staying as Vista too, we have another Vista coming within the next week, which will stay as Vista.

My XP computer will be doomed to computer heaven though as soon as I can buy a 7 computer because it is about 8 years old and just can't keep up any more.

Happy with XP. Does everything I want.

All I need is more memory, a second hard drive, a new desk, a new "executive" leather chair, a good printer/scanner/copier, did I mention memory? ;)

You still haven't gotten a chair yet? lol

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

If the applications dictate me to, I'll happily switch to Win7. I really need a new toy to play with, since I've pretty much tinkered with the "tweaks" for XP.

7's system requirements are less than Vista's and even though it says you need 1 GB of ram, that's mainly for the Aeroish look. If you're fine with not having all of the useless Aero special effects, like transparency, I think you'll be able to run 7.

• Moderators
I'll be sticking with XP. A) No need for a change, B) can't afford a change and C) don't really want a change.

I'm mirroring your exact choice. The only way I'll upgrade is if my aging PC goes kaput and putting in inexpensive parts doesn't fix it.