Who What Why

Mike Rochip

Hello all-

I received a rather strange PM yesterday and I'm wondering if anyone else did also.

Now I'm wondering:

Who is Mr. Clean?

What is he talking about?

Why would he recommend these things?

select the C:/WINDOWS and press delete - if all else fails. only delete options that arent critical to the computer.

Is deleting C:/Windows really a good idea?

when unselecting the start up items go to START>RUN>msconfig>start up> and unselect all the options. this will clear up your start up.

**it may void your computers warranty**

the easiest way to remove a corrupted file is to click on the file and press control-delete. this will remove it completely. it may not work on linux and other un-common and free systems!

Control Delete seems to be for editing text, not removing files. Microsoft does not list it in keyboard shortcuts for XP.

i use the firewall of china, zone alarm and the windows xp firewall

In another post he recommends downloading "the firewall of china." The firewall of China is a concept or figure of speech relating to censorship of the Web by the Chinese authorities.

and for spyware removal i use xoftspy....i think datz da best

Xoftspy is considered by many (but not all) malware sites to be spyware.

you must wait until the virus has infected your computer and then run the anti-trojan .exe file, found in a search in google.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but some of these suggestions seem to me to be counterproductive in regards to preventing or removing malware.

I would appreciate any thoughts you all may have on this, including Mr. Clean's.

Guest pedro319

Hi

I also felt the tone of his posts were a bit strange also but i thought it was just me as i am not overly savy on computers.

But i try to check out as much as i can before i change anything etc as i feel it is the only way to learn.

Cheers :unsure: