Is McAfee a good anti-virus program?

Icedrake

Spybot S&D is an anti malware program not an anti virus program.

I like and use Avast Free krabice-home48.gif

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I've used McAfee in its different versions for 12 years without a problem but when it wouldn't update I switched to AVG Free Edition. AVG picked up on a virus that McAfee couldn't find, so AVG is great and McAfee is s***. ;)

I think you'll find that all anti virus apps use a lot of system resources. Why do you need them running all the time, I don't. If you have a suspect file or download then check that file for a virus. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I think you'll find that all anti virus apps use a lot of system resources. Why do you need them running all the time, I don't. If you have a suspect file or download then check that file for a virus. ;)

AVG uses almost nothing. The "working set" column is how much RAM is being used. Less than 2 MB.

i805_20080416191600.jpg

I have McAfee Security Suite on my Vista Laptop because it came with it. I'm not sure about how good McAfee is now days. It used to be one of the best. As soon as the license expires, gonna download AntiVir Free for it since that's the one I have on my XP machine and I have never had a problem of viruses/worms/etc yet. Of course, I scan every week with AVG Anti-Spyware, Super Anti-Spyware, Malwarebytes Anti-Spyware, Spybot and Ad-Aware. Plus, I use SpywareBlaster for prevention. I also do Online Scan's once in a while just to make sure. :D. Anyway, back to topic, McAfee has only found 1 threat in almost a year from a Flash Drive. I don't know if this is a good thing cause McAfee is so good, or just because it doesn't detect them. Resources wise, I compare McAfee now days to Norton. If one day I decide to buy one, it would be NOD32.

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

System.out.println("Mwuhahahaha");

}

• Moderators
Why do you need them running all the time, I don't. If you have a suspect file or download then check that file for a virus. ;)

I turn them off when encoding/decoding video because I don't want them slowing down the whole process, but that's the only time I turn them off.

You need it run all the time my AV just stop a spyware try to get in it stop the new link said Spyware on the link be safe. for 2 mb or 3 or 4post-16440-1208480281_thumb.jpg

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: avast!

Event Category: Client

Event ID: 90

Date: 3/24/2008

Time: 12:27:49 PM

User: N/A

Computer: MICRO-SOFT-PRO-SP2

Description:

Sign of "HTML:CVE-2006-3227 [Expl]" has been found in "http://www.gogo52o.com/my/vod.htm" file.

as you can see so I not go.

post-16440-1208480281_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...