Best Paid-For Software

Ultimate Predator

• Moderators

It would be impossible to say which is THE best paid for software, so I take it you are meaning on a personal basis.

The best software I have ever bought for myself was First Defence-ISR, however this can no longer be bought in the format I have. It totally changed the way I used a computer.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Office 07 is nice and I wouldn't want to be without it anymore but I could. Openoffice is sufficient but not nearly as polished. I actually liked making the last few powerpoints I did where with openoffice I hated every minute of it.(plus office makes them a lot prettier with a lot less effort. :D ) Oh and word is just too much better than writer. But for free idk its a toss up.

Besides office and a few freebies I got from vnunet the rest of my software is freeware. :D

I love office 07. Other then that, tuneup utilities is awesome. I also pay for winrar, cause i like it over the freeware products. I like diskkeeper as well. And i periodically will install trials of other software to give em a try but for the most part i like freeware like CCleaner, avast, emule, superantispyware, paint.net, etc. these pretty much meet my needs.

• Moderators

Wow, I looked through my start menu and I don't have that much paid-for software other than stuff that came with hardware like printer/scanner, ISP, etc., everything else is either freeware or open source other than Microsoft Office 2003 which I use all the time.

By far and away Directory Opus (www.dopus.com), which is the first app - apart from Firefox - I install on any new PC. Sure, if you're new to the software, it's daunting. However, now Explorer seems lightweight in comparison.

Can't live without Fireworks, again as I've used it for so long, I can work around the interface really quickly. Same with Dreamweaver. I use Stuffit (www.stuffit.com), only as it can quickly generate self-extracting apps.

Chris.

I love office 07. Other then that, tuneup utilities is awesome. I also pay for winrar, cause i like it over the freeware products. I like diskkeeper as well. And i periodically will install trials of other software to give em a try but for the most part i like freeware like CCleaner, avast, emule, superantispyware, paint.net, etc. these pretty much meet my needs.

Is Diskeeper worth it?

Directory Opus? I can't live w/o in on Amiga :P On the PC side, I rather use Total Commander, tough.

Best paid sofware? Except Total Commander - none.

Best software? Then we go to Miranda, FireFox, eMule, VirtualDub with plugins and BSplayer (only old versions, tough) ;)

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway  :)my config my caps