You and I don't exist!

Humpty

Found this article on one of my other forums and it would have to be one of weirdest things I have ever read about.

The advent of quantum mechanics and modern physics increasingly imply that our existence as human beings is a kind of persistent illusion. We are under the false assumption that we?re people, we only imagine we have bodies and brains, and minds functioning inside those brains.

Illusions, all of it. Listen to what one of the greatest physicists of the century, Authur Eddington said of quantum theories:?In the world of physics?the shadow of my elbow rests on the shadow table as the shadow ink flows over the shadow paper?the frank realization that physical science is concerned with a world of shadow is one of the most significant of recent advances.?

Do You Really Exist?

Ummm OK so i don't exist, well that's a new one to me. You do know that scientists do at times get things wrong, im hoping that this is one of them because i for one feel that i do exist but maybe that is an illusion

Not into heavy thinking, it causes brain rot faster than the internet. :P If you enjoy it, a different statement of almost the same issue is here:

http://www.lassp.cornell.edu/ardlouis/diss...ve/Schrcat.html

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Nice article Humpty.

Although I haven't given this a great deal of thought, a careful analysis of the process of observation in atomic physics has shown that the subatomic particles have no meaning as isolated entities, but can only be understood as interconnections between the preparation of an experiment and the subsequent measurement.

What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of space. Particles are just appearances.

All things come out of the One and the One out of all things. ... I see nothing but Becoming. Be not deceived! It is the fault of your limited outlook and not the fault of the essence of things if you believe that you see firm land anywhere in the ocean of Becoming and Passing. You need names for things, just as if they had a rigid permanence, but the very river in which you bathe a second time is no longer the same one which you entered before.

Do any of you guys disagree with this? 1%20(78).gif

• Moderators

I've heard that argument before and all those so-called thinkers can go jump off the tallest bridge or building in my opinion so that they'd be no more than a sad forgotten illusion - so long as we can watch and say nope they weren't shadows 'cause they bounced really good when they hit bottom.

I however heard and somewhat agree with what someone said once (don't remember where or who) that:

Evolved life with the ability to comprehend space and time is nothing more than a manifestation of the universe to understand itself. So in a sense we're a living part of the universe studying itself, or some weird crap like that.

I read all that article and its theory translated into opinion. He is taking scientific theories and making them fit his needs for the sake of an attempt at an interesting article.

Check his other articles - Wizards, ghost, angels, UFOs, astral travel, fairies! Need I say more :rolleyes:

Kurt Godel, who was mentioned in that article, was the first guy to crank out a proof with enough mathematical rigor to sway the scientific community that they really can't prove anything (they really like to think they can). :P

The old Jesuits knew a trick: ask "why" 5 times and you will get down to the speakers assumptions.

In the words of the ancient greek philosopher Esophagus: "It ain't nothin 'till I say it is" :lol:

It all comes down to faith, baby. Whaddaya believe? Can't prove anything.

edit. I have to agree with JDPower, and I bet Mr. Korczak gets paid by the word.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.