Windows Vista Users

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

Alright, I'm using Vista Premium and I turn on my laptop this morning to see that I have 6 updates waiting. I download them and install them. It asks me to reboot, so I do, and then I log on only to find the updates have failed.

If anyone is using Vista, my question is.. did you have this problem?

Also, what am I supposed to do if they keep failing? <_<

Thanks

Hi

I had similar problems. As I mentioned on another thread, when you get the option to view the updates, make sure only one box is ticked, so your installing one update at a time. Once that is done, go back and do another.

One of the updates I downloaded and had to install manually.

Have a read of my posts here.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=10951

Alright, I'm using Vista Premium and I turn on my laptop this morning to see that I have 6 updates waiting. I download them and install them. It asks me to reboot, so I do, and then I log on only to find the updates have failed.

If anyone is using Vista, my question is.. did you have this problem?

Also, what am I supposed to do if they keep failing? <_<

Thanks

Not helpful but I am not touching Vista for at least a year if not longer. :blink:

Wow. It's quite pathetic, in my opinion, that Microsoft wants to make a new OS and talk of how good it is.. but I can't even get my updates installed. I mean damn, those idiots are getting paid how much..? This is madness, and that's all there is to it.

In the mean time, I suppose I will have to wait till those monkeys at Microsoft decide to stop picking each others butt all day and work. :blink:

Look. I re-installed windows vista due this and then it worked perfectly. The problem is not of windows vista as it, because I was able to install all the updates after re-installing windows. I have my theories about what's happening, but I don't want to start blaming X software.

Not helpful but I am not touching Vista for at least a year if not longer. :blink:
same here. I'm after a new laptop but all the ones I like the look of come shipped with Vista and I want to wait a while before buying anything with Vista installed.

same here. I'm after a new laptop but all the ones I like the look of come shipped with Vista and I want to wait a while before buying anything with Vista installed.

Get the laptop with nothing installed and ask for a XP Service Pack 2 disk and install it youreslf. Than you avoid the Vista night mare and you get the machine without all the crap they come preinstalled with.

I have Windows Vista. I am having problems with the current batch of updates, too. I tried cleanmgr. The updates still "failed". Perhaps, we will hear something from Microsoft about the problem...surely, they must have heard that many people can't install the updates. I don't believe it's my Toshiba laptop.

Anyway, Windows Vista is just XP with a layer of complexity above it. After several more keystrokes than XP, you eventually get to the same menus. It must have been released prematurely. Maybe they will come out with a major update soon, e.g., svc pack 2?

At this time, I would NOT recommend Windows Vista.

It must have been released prematurely. Maybe they will come out with a major update soon, e.g., svc pack 2?

At this time, I would NOT recommend Windows Vista.

Released prematurely? It took those idiots at Microsoft around six years to get that piece of bloat ware out. I knew Vista would be a joke when I installed IE7.

I don't recall windows XP being any easier to update. I had no end of problems with XP.

This is the first time in 6 months I have ever had trouble with Vista.

Why is it those who still use XP seem to put down Vista the most?

I vote for Vista - it seems a more stable, more reliable system then XP ever was. Ok its not perfect, but what is in this world is? - and what makes anyone think Microsoft should be able to obtain perfection when everyone else fails?

Sorry guys, making XP out to be the holy grail of computing is simply ridiculous - and, no Vista isn't either, but in my eyes it is a definate improvement.

Ad the old saying goes.... Don't knock it till you've tried it.

That my rant over :rolleyes:

I don't recall windows XP being any easier to update. I had no end of problems with XP.

This is the first time in 6 months I have ever had trouble with Vista.

Why is it those who still use XP seem to put down Vista the most?

I vote for Vista - it seems a more stable, more reliable system then XP ever was. Ok its not perfect, but what is in this world is? - and what makes anyone think Microsoft should be able to obtain perfection when everyone else fails?

Sorry guys, making XP out to be the holy grail of computing is simply ridiculous - and, no Vista isn't either, but in my eyes it is a definate improvement.

Ad the old saying goes.... Don't knock it till you've tried it.

That my rant over :rolleyes:

Hmmm... Microsoft should be able to obtain perfection as it's their operating system we are forced to use. It's like having only one builder in the area and hoping he builds your house with both doors and windows (sic). One without the other is a waste of time - the thieves can get in.

Sorry, but if Microsoft can't build a system that's reliable then it's a system that's not fit for purpose. They run an almost monopoly on PCs etc and therefore they have to produce the goods and not have people chasing them up for patches.

Just my thoughts.

Hmmm... Microsoft should be able to obtain perfection as it's their operating system we are forced to use. It's like having only one builder in the area and hoping he builds your house with both doors and windows (sic). One without the other is a waste of time - the thieves can get in.

Sorry, but if Microsoft can't build a system that's reliable then it's a system that's not fit for purpose. They run an almost monopoly on PCs etc and therefore they have to produce the goods and not have people chasing them up for patches.

Just my thoughts.

IMO the fact that Microsoft has a near monopoly on PCs is the reason for their crap software. Everybody has to use it and they know it so you take what they give whether it's crap or not. Look at IE for example. POS and always has been. Once Microsoft buried Net scape in the 90's development for IE practically stopped. Than Firefox comes along and starts kicking IE's ass all over the place and Microsoft comes out with IE7. If not for Firefox Microsoft would have been perfectly content to leave IE the way it was.

Hi Guys :D

Isn't "Vista" just having teething problems like "Windows XP" did in the beginning?

Did any one ever have to do battle with "Windows ME"! :angry: now that was a absolute piece of crap! :angry:

In space no one can hear you scream' but they could if you were using Windows ME...