No Ability To Attach Files To A PM On These Forum Boards

nikki605

This topic is a continuation of posts I made in this topic.

When trying to send a PM, I do not see the "Attachments" section to attach files. Other users do have this section.

I DO see the "Attachments" section on the Posting screen, like right now as I am typing this and it does work. :blink:

This happens on both my PC's - Win7 Pro SP1 x64 IE9 and WinXP Pro SP3 x86 IE8 (see the Speccy links in my sig for full configuration info on these PCs)

Thanks for any help.

Gary

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

• Moderators

Would be great if members could pretend to pm me seeing if when they select 'full editor' that the attachments option is available.

Note Nikki's problem is only with the pm's.

Also nikki what av do you use? Same on both machines?

Do you use java?

Do yo use .net?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Would be great if members could pretend to pm me seeing if when they select 'full editor' that the attachments option is available.

Note Nikki's problem is only with the pm's.

Also nikki what av do you use? Same on both machines?

Do you use java?

Do yo use .net?

Also nikki what av do you use? Same on both machines? - BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 on both PCs. The only difference being the 32-bit version is installed on the WinXP desktop and the 64-bit version is installed on the Win7 laptop.

Do you use java? - Yes, Version 6 Update 24 (build 1.6.0_24-b07) is installed on both PCs.

Do yo use .net? - I checked Control Panel Add/Remove Programs and found the following listed:

Win7 Pro SP1 x64 laptop:

-Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

WinXP Pro SP3 x86 desktop:

-Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

-Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2

-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2

-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

-Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

-Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

Also, I have the mvps.org HOSTS file installed on both PCs.

Thanks for helping with this. :)

It should be at the bottom of the PM window, screenshot:

6937e07c178b.png

Unless of course regular members without staff privileges (moderator, administrator) don't have that feature.

"Should be" seems to be the issue. I already asked in the other topic if user privileges made a difference and received a reply that it didn't.

This is what I see when trying to send a PM - no file attachment section as in your screen shot:

• Moderators

I don't know what you're trying to attach, however if it's just an image file you can completely bypass the shortcomings of the forum software by using a free image host - it won't stop you from posting in links. Same if it's a file attachment such as a ZIP, etc., just use a free file host.

• Moderators

nikki I have sent you a pm. Can you test to see if when you reply to it and select 'full editor' does the attachments area become visible then?

In other words is it missing when you compose a pm but visible when replying to one.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

"Should be" seems to be the issue. I already asked in the other topic if user privileges made a difference and received a reply that it didn't.

This is what I see when trying to send a PM - no file attachment section as in your screen shot:

Thats the same for me too.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

nikki I have sent you a pm. Can you test to see if when you reply to it and select 'full editor' does the attachments area become visible then?

In other words is it missing when you compose a pm but visible when replying to one.

I've replied to your PM. The attachments section was not displayed on either PC when I tried to reply.

Judging by the posts here, it looks like a few others have the same issue. It's probably one of those things a user doesn't realize is missing until they are asked to PM files and find out they can't.

I don't know what you're trying to attach, however if it's just an image file you can completely bypass the shortcomings of the forum software by using a free image host - it won't stop you from posting in links. Same if it's a file attachment such as a ZIP, etc., just use a free file host.

MrRon was asking for various files (not images) be PM'ed to him for bug fixing.

You can use MediaFire : http://www.mediafire.com

No annoying waiting times, and anonymous uploading. Much better than RapidShare or MegaUpload.

That is certainly true, however... mods, admins & bug fixers have been telling users to PM them and attach certain files assuming that they could. If we now have to use a file sharing site, then anyone asking for files to be PM'ed to them has to be aware and re-phrase their request.

• Moderators

MrRon was asking for various files (not images) be PM'ed to him for bug fixing.

Thing is I don't have that Attachments area when composing a brand new PM to someone, it only becomes available after on-going PM's back and forth with someone. Hence the reason I recommended a 3rd party image host/file host service.

• Moderators

Thing is I don't have that Attachments area when composing a brand new PM to someone, it only becomes available after on-going PM's back and forth with someone. Hence the reason I recommended a 3rd party image host/file host service.

Do you have it if you change from the green Piriform skin to the IP Board one .. I do.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

IP Board is really, really different than the Piriform skin.

* With IP Board skin: it offers Full Editor with that small dialog box to type in a PM.

* With Piriform skin: I've just noticed (didn't pay any attention to it before though) that it sometimes offers Full Editor at the bottom when composing a new PM and sometimes it doesn't.:huh:

• Moderators

Sure, the site admin enabled PM attachments for members (as opposed to just moderators and admins)

May well have been accidentally 'un-enabled' when the new Piriform skin was applied and no one realized at the time.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Sure, the site admin enabled PM attachments for members (as opposed to just moderators and admins)

May well have been accidentally 'un-enabled' when the new Piriform skin was applied and no one realized at the time.

Nice work, Hazelnut!

I have been monitoring this thread and also wondered why I couldn't attach PM files.

Now I understand...

How can I kive "Kudos" to your post? - the green/red (post up/down) buttons are not functional ("Reached Quota") :blink: