Java update

Woody

Java update Here

Don't forget to go to control panel > add remove programs and remove any older versions of java which you may have on your system.

JRE 5.0 update 9

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Thanks for that info Glen, however I did do it via add and remove yesterday and I don't have that folder left in c/programs!

Ditto. :)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

• Moderators

I should have been a bit clearer Glen, the one I had to uninstall manually was in C/docs and settings/user/local settings/application data.

Hope you weren't too confused by what I posted!! :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I wonder why the Check for Updates option via the Java icon in the Control Panel never works because according to the documentation it's supposed to be able to auto-update itself. And since it has never worked on my system I don't allow the update checker to run on Windows startup.

I wonder why the Check for Updates option via the Java icon in the Control Panel never works because according to the documentation it's supposed to be able to auto-update itself.

I agree, it's a complete waste of time.

• 2 months later...

javase6rc.gifJava SE 6 Is Available!

Download Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6

Please uninstall all previous versions of the JRE before installing version 6. (Beta version 6 should also be uninstalled before installing the final version.)

Release Notes: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/index.html

Installation Instructions (for Windows): http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/inst...ll-windows.html

Operating System notes:

- Java SE 6 does not provide support for Windows 9x or Windows ME.

Which one should I download? JDK 6, JDK 6+Netbeans, or Java Runtime Environment 6?

I'm guessing JDK 6, just from reading the some of the details. :huh:

Wait, I just checked my Add/ Remove Programs list, and it says I have Java 2 Runtime Environment, version 1.4.2-I think- :P A little outdated.