Build 6.25 Free cannot clean using Custom Clean unless you pay

• Moderators

As some people have found in build 6.24 using Custom Clean in 6.25 Free is only allowed for me if I give Ccleaner my Credit card details.

No thank you.

Still no comments from the owners about the details of the way they are implementing this (underhand) Why not just be big boys and speak?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

1 hour ago, hazelnut said:

Some people are being to clean without paying and some are not.

For now, even on 6.25, it still is a randomized trial so the machines enrolled in it won't be able to 😔, every time CCleaner acquires remote configuration the trials a machine is enrolled in can change and the timer for it is about a day.

30 minutes ago, nikki605 said:

custom clean is still working using 6.24 free slim version

It makes no difference if you use the "slim" installer, the regular one, or the "portable" version; CCleaner binaries are the same.

The post limit seems to be rather low here, 4 posts got me to the limit the 11th of June 😭

12 hours ago, JamesRM said:

For now, even on 6.25, it still is a randomized trial so the machines enrolled in it won't be able to 😔, every time CCleaner acquires remote configuration the trials a machine is enrolled in can change and the timer for it is about a day.

It makes no difference if you use the "slim" installer, the regular one, or the "portable" version; CCleaner binaries are the same.

Mine auto updated from 6.24 to 6.25 and Custom Clean is still free. Fingers crossed.

20 hours ago, JamesRM said:

To anyone following this topic:

Has anyone with CCleaner Free Portable v6.24 or the current v6.25 reported that Custom Clean will not run on their system?
----------
Dell Inspiron 15 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.4529 * Firefox v127.0.1 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.24050.7-1.1.24050.5 * Malwarebytes Premium v5.1.5.116-1.0.1252 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * CCleaner Free Portable v6.25.11093

8 hours ago, lmacri said:

Has anyone with CCleaner Free Portable v6.24 or the current v6.25 reported that Custom Clean will not run on their system?

I'm afraid so, I was just able to get it to happen in a portable 6.24.

I did the first run while connected to the Internet, so I don't know for sure if it would also happen if it was ran first without Internet access, and later on with at another point. I have no reason to think it would be treated any different than the installed version though ☹

The post limit seems to be rather low here, 4 posts got me to the limit the 11th of June 😭

• Moderators

They're really messing themselves over when doing that to people who have no credit cards and there's allot of them no doubt. I myself don't use any credit cards, and haven't for 30 years.

If I were faced with it demanding a credit card and didn't use the now several years old version that I use (since I don't like the changes after that version), I'd just switch to a "competing" open source alternative (which I've already been using for years anyways) which can also use a winapp2.ini file.

CCleaner Free Portable v6.25 still runs Custom Clean for me.
It seems to me that the key is to create the outbound firewall rule for the ccleaner64.exe file.

11 hours ago, Andavari said:

They're really messing themselves over when doing that to people who have no credit cards and there's allot of them no doubt. I myself don't use any credit cards, and haven't for 30 years.

If I were faced with it demanding a credit card and didn't use the now several years old version that I use (since I don't like the changes after that version), I'd just switch to a "competing" open source alternative (which I've already been using for years anyways) which can also use a winapp2.ini file.

Too bad you're not allowed to mention that alternative app here on the forum.  I'll be doing a lot of Googling.  Which "old" version of CCleaner are you using?  I have lots of the old versions saved.

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
On 21/06/2024 at 06:14, nikki605 said:

Too bad you're not allowed to mention that alternative app here on the forum.  I'll be doing a lot of Googling.  Which "old" version of CCleaner are you using?  I have lots of the old versions saved.

[removed], it should be of no surprise, and isn't like I haven't mentioned it before on here, along with [removed] for Speccy being too outdated to know about new hardware.

[removed] is sort of a competitor but not fully in my views since it doesn't do allot of things that CCleaner does. In some instances even with a winapp2.ini file [removed] can't for whatever reason delete some things that CCleaner does. And vice-versa some things CCleaner can't delete because they removed the ability for it to delete files on reboot [removed] instead will. Need to use both actually in conjunction with what's built into Windows Disk Cleanup! I typically use CCleaner first followed by [removed] which always finds about 38.9MB more to clean when cleaning the exact same things.

That old version is CCleaner Free Portable v5.63.7540. Which I'm surprised still works on Win10 to be honest. Should it stop working due to Win10/Win11 marking it as incompatible then that will be the end of CCleaner for me in Win10/Win11.

Edited by Andavari
Removed product names which are considered competition.