**The IGNORANCE of Support

Hi., 

Being a long time Customer of CCleaner & their many Products, lately I, am Frustrated with the Lack of Support, or the Blindness of the Replies, from Support Tickets.

When You, Create a Support Request  -  in a few Days, You get a Reponse, However, the Reply You get, has Nothing to do with the Ticket You Created., it's like Support is Grasping at Content, from the Air, when they Do, Reply.

This has Been an issue, with Several Tickets, I've Created for Help in the Past  -  and most Recently.

If, Support, is not going to READ, the Ticket, in it's entirely .. then DON'T Reply, it's only going to Frustrate the User (Myself) Plus your Wasting My Time & your Own.

In addition  -  when You Reply to the Support's Reply, But, You Require Extra Help  -  NOBODY, EVER Replies back, again, a Show of NO Respect for thier Customers.

**When You, PAY $70-80 for CCleaner Software, You Better, ensure that, proper Support is Offerred to the Customer, If/when they need it.

I, would Suggest that CCleaner, puts more Effort into their Support Services, & DON'T SCREW OVER, their Customers, If/when they need Help, Stay in Contact with the Customer, for as Long as they need, until the Issue/issues are Fully Resolved. 

Thanks,

• Moderators

+1

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

@Nergal & @hazelnut

You just Proved my Point

Both of your Responses had Nothing to do with the Subject at Hand, that I, was Trying to make here.

Support doesn't Read, the Support Tickets, all they Do, is provide Information that has NOTHING to do with why the Ticket was Created in the 1st Place.

In addition, I, have Been a Customer for over 10Years now & I, Know how to Use Support Correctly, it's the Lack of Responses & Help that is the Problem here.

Regards,

• Moderators

Both those responses were simply agreeing with you, it's forum shorthand.
So they are relevant to your subject, they agree with it.

When you raise a ticket you get an automated response email, and that does also include 'generic' suggestions/fixes for some of the most commonly seen issues.
Of course that's just a stock form, sent out automatically by a computer before any person has even seen that you have raised a ticket.
Many/most software supports do that. If those stock suggestions do not apply to your issue then you simply ignore them and wait for a response from a human.

Is that what you are talking about here, just that automated reply?

A real person should contact you later, after having had chance to read your ticket.
That has in the past few months been taking a long time to happen, up to a week or more, - although response times do seem to have fallen again to the more usual couple of hours for a person to respond.

Note that if you don't raise your ticket from the email used when purchasing CCleaner then any reply from a real person will take longer.
The queueing system recognises that purchase email addres as one that has a valid account/licence, and so has paid for support.*

*Those who are not automatically identified as having paid for support are put at the back of the queue for any support requests.
So if/when emailing from a different address then the system won't recognise it, so won't recognise you as a paying customer. You should still provide the emailthat you used when purchasing, so that when a support person does get round to your request they can find your account.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

@nukecad  Got it . !  Understood.

However..

I, Know ALL about Creating & Sending Support Tickets, not just for CCleaner, But, for other Software also.

Each Time, I, Send a Support Request, I, explain, in Detail, what the Issue is & why I, need Help.

I, am also aware about the *automated response emails, that are Sent, including 'generic' fixes etc - that's not the Issue here.

for EXAMPLE:  5 Days, ago I, Sent a Support Ticket asking about Why & How to Stop these Annoying Popup Ads, about *Renewing my License/Subscription, for CCleaner (my Current, Active License EXPIRES on March 20, 2024) .. usually I, get 2 a Day, to which are Disturbing me, while Working .. pretty Basic & Simple Question, I, thought.

I, am going to RENEW my License, as I, Have for each Year, I, just wanted to STOP these Popups.

However, when Ben (from Support..) finally emailed me back - the Reply I, got was about *How to Perform a Smart Cleaning & *How to Clean the Registry .. that's it, that's all.  He NEVER answered my Questions, at all.  In the end, He said, If, I, Needed more Help to Let him know, so, I did - explaining in Detail, (again..) what was the Issue, However, I, haven't Heard back. 

**this is the Problem, I, am Having getting Incorrect replies from Support for an Issue, that is so Straight forward & after the Initial Reply, not Hearing again, from Support afterwards.

Thanks,

• Moderators

I get you,

You asked about one kind of popup (the reminder notifications in the bottom right corner) and he replied about a different kind of popup (the Smart Cleaning popups in the same place).

Annoying.
Lack of training, or lazy/busy and just saw 'popup' so gave the most common stock answer, or who knows?

You will never completely stop those renewal reminder popups (until you do renew) but they shouldn't keep coming back so often once you have dismissed them.

How are you closing them? Are you just closing them with the X at the top (if there is one)?

There should be a highlighted text in them to click, I can't remember just what it says for the renewal one, something like "Remind me later" and clicking that should put a stop on it reappearing for a week or so.
It is easy to miss it though, it's just highlighted text and not a clear button.

Edit: This is an old image I found from a couple of years ago, the latest ones should be similar:
image.png

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Finally - Someone Understands what I've Been Talking about - Thankyou

The ONLY Popups, I get are just *asking me to Renew my License/Subscription and/or when there are Offers ie: 30-40% off (per example..)

I can ONLY Close the popup, from Clicking on the 'X' in the Popup Window (Top, Right..)  I, Don't get any Popups, with a *remind me later .. option.

Nevertheless - I, will Be Renewing my License, Before March 20, 2024 & I, Know that once I, Do the Popups will go away - However, CCleaner should Really consider, Toning these Popups Down, a little.  It can Be seen, as Harrassment (for some People..)

Thanks @nukecad for Keeping in Touch & Clarifying things for me - appreciate it  -  You should be in Support, as Customers, could Benefit from your Polite & Curtious Nature to Help.

Cheers...

• Moderators

Can you post a screenshot of one of the ones that you are getting?

We know that there are different ones and that they change, so it's always good to see what's current.

As for the rest, the regulars here have been using CCleaner for years and answering questions here for years  So it's not that surprising when we have more experience of such things than support does.

My approach for any software is "Support is for purchase/licencing issues, the experience on the user forum is first stop for any other questions".

@nukecad

The Next Time, a Popup appears I, will Send a Screenshot, no problem. 

As well, If I, Have any Questions outside of Purchasing/licencing issues, I will come Here to tbe Forum.

@hazelnut

Unfortunately constantly Disconnecting my Internet, is more of a Inconvenience.  Besides I, shouldn't have to go that far, just for Popups.

Thankyou though for your Suggestion. 

• Moderators

Thanks,

it looks like someone has changed the button text and replaced the clickable 'Ask me later' with a pretty unnecessary text about pricing options.

Myself I'd try clicking it anyway, it might still be linked and still defer the popups if/when clicked.
ie. if you click that 'Pricing options .....' text and the popup closes then it's probably deferred future popups for a while.

It wouldn't be the first time that a clickable text has been altered but still does the same thing if/when clicked.

@nukecad

Last Week, I, Did Click the *Pricing Options to See what Happened, the Popup did Close - and Nothing much to Speak of, for Pricing Options - However, the VERY Next Day, the same Popup Returned.

So, ANNOYING -  and such a Pain.

Thankfully, once I, Buy a NEW Premium License (in about a Month...) those Annoying Popups will Disappear, until they Return to Drive Me, Nuts, a Year later etc.

Thanks again, for your Help & Guidance, appreciate it.

• Moderators

Pity, I thought that clicking it - the small blue text not the big button - might still work to defer them.
(It's done by changing a registry key value, probably not worth digging about manually in the registry though).

As there are less than 90 days left on your current licence then if you renew/upgrade it using the same email address as when you first purchased (or upgrade to Premium using that offer) that time remaining will get added to the renewed/upgraded licence.
So there's no reason to wait for time remaining to run down, I do realise that there may be other reasons for waiting.