odd interface on startup

• Moderators

I just saw it too on CCleaner free.

That screen has been around for a while as a 'beta test'. From previous discussions about it it's just random if you get it or not.

See:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I just got it today...I use constantly use CC and it never happened until now. How frustrating. Let's  hope the developers prioritize this bug and provide an update/fix. 

On 06/07/2023 at 07:31, AaronH said:

Thanks for raising this. I've also posted a separate topic about it as well. I can't understand why it's suddenly appeared. It's very annoying, isn't it? I'd also like to get rid of it.

It's always a good idea to include the link when referring to another topic :)

i have seen "welcome screens" when installing ccleaner, and when updating ccleaner, which, for me, is doing a "dirty install," but they have not been repeating.

i don't like seeing them, mainly becuase it makes me think that something is going to go wrong, but that hasn't happened, yet.

anyway, i guess "piriform" (avast) just wants to be social, saying "welcome to ccleaner!" you can't fault them for that.

5 hours ago, redwolfe_98 said:

... i guess "piriform" (avast) just wants to be social, saying "welcome to ccleaner!" you can't fault them for that.

... or it's just another attempt by the Marketing Department to "encourage" CCleaner Free users to upgrade to CCleaner Pro (as if the system tray pop-ups nagging us to purchase a Pro license weren't enough).  Here's the error message I see if choose Performance Optimizer on the new welcome screen, a feature that isn't included in my edition of CCleaner Free.   This error message was originally discussed in my 08-Jul-2023 reply in AaronH's Why Has My CCleaner Suddenly Changed?.

I would prefer to see the software devs spend more time fixing bugs like the one discussed in mogli's 15-Jun-2023 "Windows Defender Backup" Rule Not Working  instead of making unnecessary changes to the user interface.

CCleanerv6_13NewWelcomeScreenPerformaneOptimizerError08Jul2023.png.b282eb89bbff355faeffea01d1e04159.png

-------------
Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3086 * Firefox v115.0.1 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23050.5-1.1.23050.3 * Malwarebytes Premium 4.5.32.271-1.0.2051 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7279 * CCleaner Portable Free v6.13.10517

• Moderators
1 hour ago, lmacri said:

Here's the error message I see if choose Performance Optimizer on the new welcome screen, a feature that isn't included in my edition of CCleaner Free. 

That is misleading, because (as discussed on that other thread) you are seeing that error when trying to run Performance Optimizer using CCleaner Portable, which is not the same as CCleaner Free.

Performance Optimizer has never run in CCleaner Portable - it can't do because PO needs to be installed to monitor any apps that it has put to sleep.

You will only see that error message if you actually try to run Performance Optomizer in CCleaner Portable.
(Or if you have manually removed the installed PO files from the CCleaner directory).

Performance Optimiser still runs as expected in CCleaner Free; even from the new Welcome screen.
ie. it will scan to show which apps may be affecting performance, but it won't put apps to sleep if you try to unless you have Pro.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043