Issues freezing

Hi all

I too am expieriencing trouble when I scan issues it freezes at about 84 and then says

not responding I have tried downloading as mentioned in other posts but still no

luck , strange but i have downloaded ccleaner on another pc the same version

no problem ? . I am not the most computer litterate person so any help would be

much appreciated

thankyou in advance

John

• Moderators

Hello and welcome to the forum, :)

You say you tried one or two things . Have you tried this,

Uninstall ccleaner

Install MS VB 6 runtime files and immediately reboot

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Install ccleaner

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

its certainly not that i have too many issues because i have always cleaned on a regular basis plus i have scanned them one at a time ... anyhow if i untick MISSING SHARED DLLS

INSTALLER and MUI CACHE it works fine i can then do the mentioned 3 one at a time , it still freezes on MUI CACHE but more often than not it does not , not ideal but its a way round the problem .not sure if someone who knows what they are doing will understand why unticking the mentioned 3 makes it work ,i hope so , but thanks for all the help

much appreciated

• Moderators

must admit I am very suprised that none of you techies has come up with a cure for this problem

Since there's been no response with a cure it would suggest that we don't know what the cure is, we are after all just CCleaner users ourselves, we don't develop the application.

However; when running the Cleaner portion of CCleaner it will periodically clean the Muicache, which Windows will promptly rebuild. As for Shared DLL's causing it to freeze the only thing I can think of would be if you have a corrupt DLL (or more than one) - but that is just pure speculation with no concept of it being a fact, so don't take it to heart.

Well this is my suggestion. Download and run DAF.

When DAF opens, a restrictive policy box may appear. If so, click the remove button. From there, click the green check mark, then the hammer button. After DAF has completed, reboot your pc and try CC again.

I have only 1 more suggestion if that doesn't do the trick.

Let us know how it goes. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Well this is my suggestion. Download and run DAF.

When DAF opens, a restrictive policy box may appear. If so, click the remove button. From there, click the green check mark, then the hammer button. After DAF has completed, reboot your pc and try CC again.

I have only 1 more suggestion if that doesn't do the trick.

Let us know how it goes. :)

didnt see a restrictive policy box , downloaded DAF but the same problem is still there

not sure im looking forward to your next suggestion , its not pi#s off is it :lol:

OMG! LOL No, it's not pi$$ off! :P

First of all. My previous instructions were wrong I just noticed, so I am assuming that you realized that where I said press the hammer button, should have been hit the GO button. If not then do it again by pressing GO, and not the hammer. :blink:

Okay, last idea. This a long shot. Have your OS CD ready...you will prompted to use it when it is time.

Launch DAF > then click the Hammer button (lol) > SFC Scan > Go > Reboot.

I will have to wrack my brain if that doesn't work. Sorry about messing up the previous intructions. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Hammer time! (Cue the cheesy music) :D

Do you have any registry keys appearing with "funny looking" symbols?

Yeah, maybe a screenshot would be helpful.

Yeah, maybe a screenshot would be helpful.

ok guys I did say I wasn,t that clever when it comes to computers didnt I

please supply a link of exactly what i am supposed to download if you can

I have a feeling I could have downloaded the wrong thing

cheers