is it possible to MAKE a temp folder?

TheFiresInTheSky

A temp folder is for *TEMPORARY* files.

Not for random files.

Important files should *never* ever be placed in a temp folder unless you dont mind loosing them.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Thank you; that really brings a whole new perspective to the issue at hand! notworthy.gif

ROFLMAO rofl.gif

As for you Aaron. You aren't making sense at this point. First you said that you didn't want the folder to be recognized by other programs, but now you want the items in the folder to magically disappear at some point because the name of the folder is Temp? Say what you mean, and mean what you say so that people aren't running in circles trying to help.

Also, Aaron. I'm sure that you will now play with your environment variables now that you know what they are. I suggest you write down the correct settings before changing that stuff around. Changing your environment variables is how people lose "Real Important Documents". I do suggest that you don't mess with your environment variables at all, but I know you better than that. ;)

NOTE: Don't put anything like C:\WINDOWS in your environment variable. That will cause CCleaner to wipe out your entire OS. LMAO

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

i was going for a temp folder that did automatically delete its own contents after it got so big but i didnt want any programs recognize it or to be able to clear it out.

Not sure whether that is at all possible. You could create a batchfile to delete the contents of the folder, then create a new task in Scheduled Tasks that will run that batchfile once a month or something like that, but I don't think that's exactly what you're after...

Not that I know how to do it but perhaps:

1. A size-limited folder that deletes the oldest files when the number of files reaches a limit, e.g., C:\Windows\Prefetch with its 128 file limit. (Limiting the total folder size would be closer to aaron's request but one big file could blow out everything else.)

2. A time-limited folder that deletes each file a set number of days after its creation date, e.g., C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download with its 10 day limit.

EDIT: Limiting the total folder size might be handled similar to the way Recycle Bin is managed, complete with a warning about available space.