Hell Yea! 200mph.

DennisD

Good grief.  I threw my back out just watching it.  :lol: :lol:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Yep, I'll be recording all the TV ouput. TV coverage is better than it used to be (i.e. we have an hour a day instead of nothing) for those who can't be there. I don't think I could manage 130 mph anywhere on IoM, let alone lapping at an average of 130+. Brave men indeed, and more than a few from Northern Ireland. I was there as a lad with my Norton Dommie SS, spectating of course, and did manage to squeeze 100mph on one of the back roads. I wouldn't do that now. I remember a number of spectator non-race fatalities, those were the days when Mad Sunday was a free-for-all.

Wow Dennis great movie shots. A cobber of mine from Canberra takes himself there every 4 years, lucky bigger. Regards Tasgandy

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

I'd like to see Guy Martin win it this year. He's placed second or third so many times in the past. Hopefully, teaming up with John McGuinness this year and switching from a Suzuki to a Honda will give him the edge he needs.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

@Augeas - I hate to admit it, but it looks like you're correct about his time being passed. I came across an article that was published just today (6/3/2017) stating that he's a good 8 mph off the pace set by Michael Dunlop during Superbike qualifying. At that pace, over the course of the 6 lap race he'd probably end up a third of a lap behind. Read the last paragraph in this link: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/motorcycling/tt-2017-michael-dunlop-ups-tempo-with-blistering-131mph-lap-1-7991884

BTW, Michael Dunlop is riding a Suzuki for 2017. :o

• Moderators

I've always been a fan of Guy Martin and would also love to see him on the top step. Who knows on race day?

For a real taste of the TT Superbike race, here's a full lap of Guy Martin chasing Michael Dunlop from 2014. No music, and the entire lap filmed from Guy Martins bike.

Does he catch him? That would be telling.

This is simply stunning, and I have no idea how they can do it. Even the top MotoGP riders are in awe of these guys.

• Moderators

nerve?, bravery? - I'm not convinced.

it's easy to react with "that's stupid", but that's not it either.

it must be the absence of fear more than anything else.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Hello @ DennisD - I've watched that video several times and it never fails to impress me. These guys are going very, very fast. And if you look to the sides there are hedges, stone walls, cobblestone curbs, concrete sidewalks, stone buildings, metal lamp posts, trees, etc. all flying by in a continuous blur. That's scary enough.

But the thing I find most disconcerting are the transitions from brilliant sunlight to very deep shade on some portions of the course. To me, it looks like you're running into a black hole. That's disturbing enough even when the course continues straight on. But imagine thinking to yourself "I'm hurtling into this black hole, and somewhere inside this particular black hole there's a left-hand corner that I take at 140 m.p.h." Terrifying.

• Moderators

Hey Derek, I'm with you on that as I've often thought the same thing. And at those speeds there's no time to adjust to the changes.

And those shaded sections can have hidden surprises as Ian Hutchinson found out this year when he hit a small damp patch in one of them. Almost high sided him off the bike.

Huge shame about Guy Martins accident. I watched him being interviewed after, and although I've seen him interviewed many times, I've never seen him so shaken. But, arm being OK I'm sure he'll be back racing later in the week.

Everything crossed here that the remaining races will be accident free.

• Moderators

finally found.... the long lost Aquabike of Atlantis.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Hmm, not a lot to go on. WW2 army bike? Solid frame, looks like a steel primary drive cover, so I'll go for one of the Matchless/AJS stable. Amongst all the decay the tyre pump is still clipped under the tank.

• Moderators

Ah well, wrong again. You're not going to tell us it's a Harley, are you? The tyres look suspiciously American, and the primary chain cover is rather long for a UK bike. WW1? Could be anything.

• Moderators

Ah well, wrong again. You're not going to tell us it's a Harley, are you? The tyres look suspiciously American, and the primary chain cover is rather long for a UK bike. WW1? Could be anything.

No you weren't wrong ... I lied :lol:

It's a British WWII BSA M20

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170404-divers-mesmerising-images-of-wrecks

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I was going to guess that it's owned by Popeye's nemesis, Barnacle Bill the Sailor. :lol: 

• Moderators

I wonder if some you guys realise that these superheroes actually race like this in Ireland for most of the year. April to September.

The TT is the flagship race which they all want to win, but it's the only Time Trial format as far as I'm aware. The "Irish Road Racing Season" is made up of head to head racing at up to 200mph around Ireland's country lanes.

With any luck I'll be going across to stay with my son for a holiday in August and I just might be at the 2017 Ulster Grand Prix which runs from the 7th to the 12th August.

To see this phenomenon for real I'm preparing myself to be totally gob-smacked.