Finally got Firefox

Ultimate Predator

Its pretty good, I must say, and I am currently using firetune and some other extensions. One anoying thing though, when I was installing Java, directly through their website, it popped up in the extensions list. I have since uninstalled Java, but it is still there in the extensions list, but with no option to uninstall it or anything:

extensions.jpg

Another thing that I reckon is lacking in it is that in IE it automatically blocks some cookies getting onto your PC, if they're bad, in Firefox, everything seems to go through.

An help would be appreciated.

Whats wrong with me just signing into my various email accounts on the net?

If the mail accounts support IMAP or POP3, then you can use an email client to fast and efficiently check several email accounts at a time. You can also monitor the inbox and get notified when email arrives, etc.

You can also use filters and anti-spam stuff, etc. Maybe even encryption, digital signatures, S/MIME, GPG/PGP, etc.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Hmm, doesn't seem really worth it.

Yeah, I agree with you, Ultimate Predator. Plus, most of those features are already on email services such as Gmail, so why bother? Google Talk notifies you when you get new mail, the emails are scanned for spam and viruses, there is plenty of space that most people will never even use up, etc. and so on...

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I love Firefox.

Enabled Extensions: (48)

About site 0.4

Adblock Plus 0.6.1.1

Add Bookmark Here 0.5.5

Add N Edit Cookies 0.2.1.0

All-In-One Sidebar 0.6.4

BBCode 0.4.1.3

Bork Bork Bork! 1.2

ColorZilla 0.8.3.1

Confuscator! 0.4.2

CustomizeGoogle 0.43

Download Embedded 0.2

DownThemAll! 0.9.8.7

FirefoxView 0.31.2

firefusk 1.2

Firesomething 1.7.0

Flashblock 1.5.1

Hammer Time 0.9.7

IE Tab 1.0.8

ListZilla 0.7

Littlefox 1.5.0.1

Menu Editor 1.2

Modify Headers 0.5.1

NoScript 1.1.3.9

Nuke Anything Enhanced 0.53

Open Profile Folder 1.1.3

Options Menu 1.0rc2

PopupSound 0.1.4

Public IP 0.3

Read Easily 1.0.2

Redirect Remover 1.1

Resize Search Box 0.0.7

Save Image in Folder 0.7.3

Save Link in Folder 0.9.3

Search Button 0.4.10

Search Engine Ordering 0.5.2

SecurePassword Generator 0.5.3

Server Spy 0.1.1

ShowIP 0.7.99.12

Simple Clear Button 1.1.03

SpiderZilla 1.5.3

Split Link 1.55.1

Tab Mix Plus 0.3.0.3

Talkback 1.5.0.1

TargetKiller 0.3

Translate 0.6.0.8

US Department of Homeland Insecurity Idiocy Level 0.1.2.1.1-argh

VerifyURL 0.4

Web Developer 1.0.2

Disabled Extensions: (1)

Nightly Tester Tools 0.7.9.7

Maybe I'll look into that "Disable Targets for Download". "Target Killer" is supposed to do the same but sometimes it doesn't.

I read that the more extensions you add = more browsing vulnerabily.

Has anyone else seen that? If not I'd like to add some more. (maybe not 48) ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

the more extensions you add, the slower firefox becomes. i know since i used to have about 28 on it and the load time on it killed it. it just did. not even Firefox Preloader did anything to improve the load time. in other words, a minimum of 5 or 10 extensiobs should be all you need.

im also willing to bet that tsepha hardly uses all of his extensions

so how long does it take for Firefox to accually load. or do you keep it in memory 24/7?

With 48 extensions, I would guess about 2 months or so. :rolleyes:

And keeping all of your tabs in the memory is faster, which is why FF does it. After all, who wants to have to wait a long time to switch from one tab to the next? Not me! That is why I use tabbed browsing in first place; it is faster than having to search through a dozen open windows of IE. :D

And yeah, I would say that 10 or so extensions is a good healthy number. I personally have 9 right now, but that number tends to fluctuate. And my computer isn't terribly fast, but FF loads at a decent clip; maybe 8 seconds or so at most.

ding, ding!

same here

Really?! What do you got under the hood?

ding, ding!

Well, I've been doing some "Googling"...some people have more memory problems than others. I just came from a forum where a guy listed 48 extensions and no problems.

http://forums.pcworld.co.nz/archive/index.php/t-55290.html (scroll down some)

I only have 1GB of RAM. But i do other things, like keep my HD clean with CCleaner ;) , defragment my registry, disable unnecessary Windows Services, all that basic stuff.

And it doesn't always take 8 seconds. If I've just finished playing a high-end game, or after rebooting. But certainly less than 10 seconds all the time, sometimes less than 5.

For instance, I just logged off, closed Firefox, and opened it up again and it took less than five seconds. And I got Yahoo! IM running, and ZA, and AVG, and SpywareGaurd.

I only have 1GB of RAM. But i do other things, like keep my HD clean with CCleaner ;) , defragment my registry, disable unnecessary Windows Services, all that basic stuff.

I like the way you phrased that: ONLY a gig of RAM. It isn't like I only have HALF THAT MUCH or anything. :angry:

Not that I'm bitter though.

lokoike just lied

ding, ding!

And keeping all of your tabs in the memory is faster, which is why FF does it. After all, who wants to have to wait a long time to switch from one tab to the next? Not me! That is why I use tabbed browsing in first place; it is faster than having to search through a dozen open windows of IE. :D

well it still can kill your computer because right now, all my processes use more than half of my comp's memory. using firefox with that functionallity is gonna make Windows panic and enable Virtual Memory(which means slower browsing)

edit:i have 512MB of RAM

well it still can kill your computer because right now, all my processes use more than half of my comp's memory. using firefox with that functionallity is gonna make Windows panic and enable Virtual Memory(which means slower browsing)

edit:i have 512MB of RAM

How many processes do you have running? With WMP, Shareaza, Google Talk, my a/v & firewall, and Firefox (with 2 tabs open and 9 extensions) running, I have only 30 processes going right now, and am only using 300 MB.

I also have 512 MB of RAM, 64 of which are dedicated to acting as a video adapter. Integrated video FTL. :angry:

ding, ding!