December Desktops

DennisD

Lulu's always been frond of Palm trees.

:P

Looks like that one is running Sandboxed. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Careful young Lady that was a little to close for comfort.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

I've been looking at that first desktop of mine for a couple of days and I think I'm losing the will to live.

A quick change ...

2013_12_05_222131.jpg

:lol:  Well, a cross eyed penguin will do that to ya. 

Worse than uninstalling HP printer software (apologies to Hazelnut...irritating subject I know).

I'm still looking for the perfect Christmassy desktop. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I'm still looking for the perfect Christmassy desktop. 

I'm looking for Christmassy avatars.

We can't stick a tree up or hang decorations, but a few seasonal avatars around the forum would brighten the place up and give it that "best time of the year" feeling.

I await with bated breath, although I'm not holding it for too long.

post-8751-0-80997200-1386343482.gif

Tasgandy

I've noticed that most of your artwork involves people wielding swords. I was wondering if you are a fan of the "Zatoichi" series of movies from Japan. Just the other night I watched "Zatoichi the Blind Swordsman", which was made in 1989 and was the last movie made by Shintaro Katsu, the original Zatoichi. I've also seen the 2003 remake "Zatoichi" with Takeshi Kitano in the title role. Both are great movies.

Here's a still with Shintaro Katsu: zatoichi_quote.jpg

The reason I brought this up is that the young lady in your artwork and Zatoichi have something in common: they both hold their swords with a reverse grip. 

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

Tasgandy

I've noticed that most of your artwork involves people wielding swords. I was wondering if you are a fan of the "Zatoichi" series of movies from Japan. Just the other night I watched "Zatoichi the Blind Swordsman", which was made in 1989 and was the last movie made by Shintaro Katsu, the original Zatoichi. I've also seen the 2003 remake "Zatoichi" with Takeshi Kitano in the title role. Both are great movies.

Here's a still with Shintaro Katsu: zatoichi_quote.jpg,

The reason I brought this up is that the young lady in your artwork and Zatoichi have something in common: they both hold their swords with a reverse grip. 

Derek891,

"they both hold their swords with a reverse grip". Well done Squire that's a real keen eye you have for detail and not noticed by me. I have recently watched and enjoyed "The Blind Swordsman" not sure which version as I did not capture that one and can not go back a take a look.

I'm not necessarily a fan of "Zatoichi" movies but more of a fan of "sword wielding" and "warrior" class of movies from Japan or similar, we tend to get a good supply down under in Aus on our free to air "SBS" TV station, Australia's multicultural and multilingual broadcaster.

A couple of my favourite movies to keep your eyes out for are "The Lost Bladesman" and "Demon Empire" you will enjoy them both if you have not already watched them.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Lulu's always been frond of Palm trees.

Haha I see what you did there. :lol: :lol:  (and there's nothing wrong with palm trees lol)

But this should shock you. My Christmas tree is not of the Palm variety. :P

1471835_10202763060627306_605927523_n.jp

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

bugger me!, where's the tree :o  - all I see is a croquembouche of Christmas baubles.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

bugger me!, where's the tree :o  - all I see is a croquembouche of Christmas baubles.

:lol: Yeah and that's not even all of them. Mom has ALWAYS made sure the tree is chock full of ornaments. And it is...even though we still have one crate full of ones we didn't use, plus some floating around the storage unit we didn't touch. :blink: :blink:

• Moderators

Damn, that thing must have a titanium trunk.

And I dread to think of the time it takes...  I'd post a shot of mine but jeez, it pales into insignificance.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Damn, that thing must have a titanium trunk.

And I dread to think of the time it takes...  I'd post a shot of mine but jeez, it pales into insignificance.

Believe it or not, it takes us all of an hour or so to do it, maybe not even that long. It really depends on how much we goof off in between hanging the ornaments. The lights take the longest...especially when you have 4 strands decide not to work for no good reason. <_<  But I won't get started on that little problem.

Post your tree! I'd love to see it. I bet it's beautiful!

• Moderators

A couple of my favourite movies to keep your eyes out for are "The Lost Bladesman" and "Demon Empire" you will enjoy them both if you have not already watched them.

I recommend "Rurouni Kenshin (2012)" as a good watch. Good story and great cinematography, the first few scenes are particularly good.