Suggestions for added features on a tourism website?

Ishi

Me and 3 other colleagues are trying to make a tourism website. The site will show a map of the places in our district and when you click into those parts of the map, it will show pictures of the tourist spots in that place. Other parts of the homepage links to a business catalog of our place, another is a gallery page that divides into a native products page, native foods page and a cultural page showing festivals. Those in the Gallery have a comment section. Another link on the main page shows the recent news of our district and the last link of the homepage is a contact us link for sending the admin messages.

We needed more things to add into the site so that it will have more functions, not just for viewing. Can anybody suggest other features we may add to our tourism website please?

Thanks in advance.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Those sound really nice!

I think perhaps a page showing interesting facts, places, or the most interesting facts about the hottest tourist spots... Maybe even a gallery of photos on many hot spots & things you can do.

I can't see your webpage to see how you have it set up, but sounds like you have it set up pretty nicely!

We are just planning on it now so no pages to show just yet :( and yes there is a picture gallery of the tourist spots and places and I do "some" amateur photography. Its just that it seems its all for viewing. There must be something else. I don't want hotel reservations kind of stuff. Its just a bit complex to link up those places to online paying.

Was thinking of Google Adsense so there are ads that make the site more functional though.

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

The most useful thing in my opinion would be comments about all of the places your highlighting. If your going to talk about a hotel, restaurant, ect. Provide a place for users to share their experiences there, also provide links to sites like travelocity or kayak. That way users can book their hotels there and also see more comments about them.

Maybe provide menus and prices for local restaurants?

Create a forum for people to discuss the area and give suggestions. (kinda like this one)

All I got right now.

Restaurants, that could be added. I was planning to include an article section for native foods that people can comment on. I don't have a very good stomach but I did some blogging about arts months ago.

Forum, that would be nice. My guys liked forums somehow when I showed them since they don't participate in forums.

I just don't want be including hotel reservations, boookings and that kind of stuff that includes online payments.

• Moderators

Parking sites, where they are and how many cars they hold.

Local Bus station info (perhaps link to timetable?)

Local train station info.

Applet showing temperature and weather in the district on current day.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

That would be a nice addition, Hazel. I did see a tourism site with a calendar applet and a weather applet. Local Bus travels, that would do. The rails haven't reached us yet. The closest one I know is still 30 miles away I think and its not really on the scope of the region we would be making a website for but I heard that its more cozy in there than the local buses.

I wish I if I had time, I could travel around this area with me camera and see what's best. By the way, how do you post pictures here that shows up with thumbnails without uploading them as attachments?

• Moderators

You could just go to

http://pixpipeline.com/

Where it says choose, browse to and select picture on your pc.

Then click 'upload image ' button.

Then when your image appears in the box, under it where it says 'I want to' just use the drop down arrow to select 'hot link a clickable thumbnail on a forum'

Copy and paste the url then given into a post here and post it.

it won't show as a thumbnail until your post appears on the forum.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thanks for that again, Hazel. Here is a shot I did last April. I was just using a 14-megapixel digital camera but I still have to resize the picture to upload it. That is the kind of picture that I need to take myself to show on the website. Its no professional but maybe its not too shabby either. Its an island.

168682061df3.jpg

• Moderators

Along with what Hazelnut already recommended:

* Where vehicles can be rented (car, moped/scooter, etc.)

And if you're going to be giving out recommendations to businesses like vehicle rental areas, restaurants, etc., it may help asking them for a donation.

Edited by Andavari

Would love to benefit from such donations from them :)