Slow booting in Windows 7

jaybeckham

I have attached a list of programs loaded at startup. Would like someone more knowledgeble than me to tell me what I can eliminate. I do use the following programs frequently: Adobe Suite, Quick bOoks, Outlook and Access, and Logmein.

Thanks

email address removed by moderator to avoid spamming

startup.txt

• Moderators

Just had a quick look and on first glance these are things I would disable from running at startup (remember this is me)

All Adobe stuff

Family Tree Builder

Logmein

QuickTime

Quick Books

Epson Stylus Photo

SWG

Google Desktop Search

Real Player Updater

Remember disabling them at start up doesn't mean you will not be able to use them. All it means is that you can start and use them when YOU want to. As I have said before you don't leave a car running on your driveway just in case you want to go somewhere, no, you start the car when you want to use it.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Either in Ccleaner /options/startup...just click on an item to highlight it and then click the disable button.

A quicker way is to highlight everything and click disable and then click and enable to items you want to startup with Windows.

Some folk use msconfig to do this instead of ccleaner.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Some folk use msconfig to do this instead of ccleaner.

msconfig does not show you all there is; CCleaner does a much better job.

Autoruns shows even more, but I would not recommend that to inexperienced users.

Sorry but I was under the impression that I would get emails when replies were posted to the group. At least that is the way other forums that I belong to work. So I figured I needed to check back in case and yep a number of helpful replies.

In order to disable, do I use Ccleaner to do this rather then MSCONFIG?

Lets say I delete the Adobe stuff. When I click on the icon to use say Dreamweaver, will it then load properly maybe a little slower, but still load?

I will check back Tuesday. Thanks!

• Moderators

DO NOT DELETE the adobe stuff. Just select disable. You will still be able to use the software when you click on the icon.

That applies to all items you are going to deal with. Highlighting an item allows you to select the disable button.

In ccleaner just leave your avast ticked and untick the rest. So Avast should say 'yes' and the rest say 'no'.

Reboot and see what you think of the speed in booting.

Let us know.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Depending upon how your Epson printer/scanner software is coded it may automatically re-enable the startup by itself when you print or scan something, some of them do that although I don't know if Epson does.