Last time you had spyware on your computer?

Eldmannen

When was the last time you ever had spyware/malware/virus/etc on your computer?

Very very very long time ago I had spyware that came with CuteFTP, now I dont use that anymore, and never will!

Now, I havent had any malware or anything bad on my computer in forever...

The only thing Ad-Aware finds is cookies which arent all that bad. But I dont want them. The problem with cookies is that 99% of them should never ever have been placed on my computer in the first place.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

I'm thinking it was sometime around the year 1999 or 2000 if I remember correctly and it was spyware/adware from using GoZilla download manager and FlashGet download manager. The only "virus" if it can be called that was in 1999 using McAfee VirusScan, it detected 8 or so viruses in it's own signature file updates.

All other problems I've had come from the "biggest virus" known which is Windows and Windows errors or malfunctions.

All other problems I've had come from the "biggest virus" known which is Windows and Windows errors or malfunctions.

24576[/snapback]

Nice One :lol:

I once got hacked into in my novice days when I was on the net without a firewall,around 1999. That gave me a BIG wake up call.

Since then I've only ever picked up silly things after downloading and trying to intall dodgy software. Fortunatley my AV package has picked it up and stopped anything major happening. Nowadays I source out only good reliable software, but I say,"never say never" something will aways come along and bite you in the ass.

Hmm... I'm guessing around 2000 :huh:

I had pop-ups everywhere. It was crazy. Although I got viruses by using P2P programs but I mainly got Spyware which the P2P program I was using did however contain Spyware but now I think it still does. I've learned from all that and don't Intend on going back.

Note: Back then I was just a minor PC users who didn't know jack! But now I know :rolleyes:

Before I got my new comp I had to run win 98, and had spyware and viruses every other day, i was reformating weekly, however the tiny 4 gig harddrive helped make those formats quick and easy.

now with my newhotness computer, never have spyware or viruses...kinda miss killin them with the bot, awww well...