Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

3 hours ago, wixud said:

This sh!t freezed programm after updating,little bit scared when programm stuck at launching....

You simply have to wait longer, because CCleaner now has to process thousands of new entries. When all entries have been processed, CCleaner is ready for operation again. To speed up the start again, you can use the Trim function of Winapp2ool.

Please read post #1: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?tab=comments#comment-175835

37 minutes ago, APMichael said:

You simply have to wait longer, because CCleaner now has to process thousands of new entries. When all entries have been processed, CCleaner is ready for operation again. To speed up the start again, you can use the Trim function of Winapp2ool.

Please read post #1: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?tab=comments#comment-175835

Meh,old piriforms ccleaner was way better than this clone...

Edited by wixud

• Moderators
On 30/03/2020 at 00:19, siliconman01 said:

This code works fine.  I run with Offline accounts.  I have to stop services "CDPUserSvc_44dec" and "Connected Devices Platform Service" prior to cleaning.

I only use an offline account too.

When I used SMalik's revised [Activity History *] cleaner I had to stop both of these services for it to work (full names as seen in Services):
* Connected Devices Platform Service
* Connected Devices Platform User Service_48409

I wonder if it's safe to just disable those two services, or not?
Edit: I'll answer my own question. It cannot be left disabled because it screws with things like Win10's Night Light, and who knows what else that's tied into it, so I won't even bother cleaning Activity History again.

Edited by Andavari

1 hour ago, Andavari said:

... When I used SMalik's revised [Activity History *] cleaner I had to stop both of these services for it to work (full names as seen in Services):
* Connected Devices Platform Service
* Connected Devices Platform User Service_48409
I wonder if it's safe to just disable those two services, or not? ...

I also only use offline accounts and still have both folders on all systems. I found out that the service "Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx" is responsible for the folder "random string" and the service "Connected Devices Platform Service" for the folder "L.username". The service "Connected Devices Platform User Service_xxxxx" can only be disabled permanently via the registry. However, since the service is no longer used only for sync tasks, it is better not to disable it - as you have already written. After deleting the cache databases, I have not noticed any side effects, at least until now.

Thank you for adding Process Hacker to the latest database update 👊

However, I've found another "cached" installation/update package located in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Process Hacker\Cache folder. There's another "NYGWEFSCZHOPGSU" folder inside of it and a processhacker-build-setup.exe file there.

15 hours ago, don_dolarson said:

... However, I've found another "cached" installation/update package located in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Process Hacker\Cache folder. There's another "NYGWEFSCZHOPGSU" folder inside of it and a processhacker-build-setup.exe file there.

The full path is then the following, correct?

%AppData%\Process Hacker\Cache\NYGWEFSCZHOPGSU\processhacker-build-setup.exe

However, I guess the folder name is randomly generated. Since it is located in a folder called "Cache", the question arises whether you can simply delete the entire contents of the folder. Can you please try if deleting the entire contents of the folder "Cache" will cause problems? Thanks a lot!

Yes, the folder is located there and I guess it too! I've deleted whole folder with it's content and everything works like normal. No issues. Haven't seen any other file/folder in this "Cache" folder.

I've found another unneeded crap on my PC. These are coming from LibreOffice. A folder named program_old0 and program_old located in C:\Program Files\LibreOffice. I don't know what are they for but I've deleted them both and everything runs just fine. I guess they're some rest files from updating the application since there's another "program" folder in C:\Program Files\LibreOffice which contains exactly the same but newer created files. Both program_old folders occupied total of 50MB space on disk.

Thanks for testing and your reply.

Here the revised entry:

[Process Hacker *]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Process Hacker
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Process Hacker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Process Hacker|processhacker-setup.exe

LibreOffice now seems to omit the version number in the folder name, so I modified the entry:

[LibreOffice *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\Software\LibreOffice
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\LibreOffice\*\cache|*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\LibreOffice\*\User\backup|*.*
FileKey3=%AppData%\LibreOffice\*\User\extensions\shared|log.*
FileKey4=%AppData%\LibreOffice\*\User\temp|*.*
FileKey5=%AppData%\LibreOffice\*\User\uno_packages\cache|log.*
FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\LibreOffice*\program_old*|*.*|REMOVESELF

OpenOffice can use the same treatment for program_old* folders (added filekey7):

[OpenOffice.org *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKLM\Software\OpenOffice
Detect2=HKLM\Software\OpenOffice.org
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\OpenOffice*\*\user|*.log;*.log.txt;*.tmp;registrymodifications.xcu;registration.xml|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\OpenOffice*\*\user\config\imagecache|*.*
FileKey3=%AppData%\OpenOffice*\*\user\registry\cache|*.*
FileKey4=%AppData%\OpenOffice*\*\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office|Views.xcu;Writer.xcu;Common.xcu;Histories.xcu
FileKey5=%AppData%\OpenOffice*\*\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\ucb|Hierarchy.xcu;Store.xcu
FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice*\program|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey7=%ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice*\program_old*|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey8=%ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice*\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages|*.tmp;*.log;log.txt

I'm thinking that we should have an entry to remove the html5 offline cache files from Mozilla based browsers. Ccleaner doesn't seem to do it natively and clearing the cache in the browsers seems to still leave the index.sqlite file, or it gets created as the browser exits if you manually delete it.

[Offline Cache *]
LangSecRef=3026
Detect1=HKLM\Software\ComodoGroup\IceDragon
Detect2=HKLM\Software\FlashPeak\SlimBrowser
Detect3=HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Basilisk
Detect4=HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Pale Moon
Detect5=HKLM\Software\Mozilla\SeaMonkey
Detect6=HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Waterfox
DetectFile=%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Comodo\IceDragon\Profiles\*\OfflineCache|*.*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\FlashPeak\SlimBrowser\Profiles\*\OfflineCache|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles\*\OfflineCache|*.*
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\*\OfflineCache|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\OfflineCache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\*\OfflineCache|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Waterfox\Profiles\*\OfflineCache|*.*

I can't test SlimBrowser or IceDragon. The other FileKeys seem to work correctly.

2 hours ago, PICPro said:

I'm thinking that we should have an entry to remove the html5 offline cache files from Mozilla based browsers. Ccleaner doesn't seem to do it natively and clearing the cache in the browsers seems to still leave the index.sqlite file, or it gets created as the browser exits if you manually delete it. ...

I'm not sure. If this is not cleaned up by CCleaner, then someone would probably have made an entry for it a long time ago.

If you search the forum for "OfflineCache", CCleaner seems to clean it up. The entry "Cookies" should do this. CCleaner cleans up the database directly (and therefore does not delete the ".sqlite" file itself).

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/page/263/?tab=comments#comment-288245
Quote: "... [Pale Moon - Offline Cache*] ... ok, found with Firefox -> Cookies (!!!) ..."

Edit:

I can now confirm that the "OfflineCache" is cleaned by CCleaner (entry "Cookies").

You can test it yourself as follows:
- Open a website using the offline cache: https://html.spec.whatwg.org/demos/offline/clock/clock2.html
- Check "appcache" with: about:cache
- Close Firefox and run CCleaner entry "Cookies".
- You can now see that CCleaner deletes the subfolders of "OfflineCache".
- Open Firefox and check "appcache" again: about:cache
- You can see that there are no more entries.
(The CCleaner entry "Compact Databases" then reduces the size of the cleaned ".sqlite" file back to the original size of 256 KB.)

Edited by APMichael

• 2 weeks later...

Modified entry:  [CyberLink PowerDVD *]

Added changes for newly released PowerDVD20 

[CyberLink PowerDVD *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect1=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD14
Detect2=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15
Detect3=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16
Detect4=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17
Detect5=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18
Detect6=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD19
Detect7=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD20
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Cyberlink\Evoparser|*.xml
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\DigitalHome|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\cache*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\CL_DMP_Browser|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\DB*\computer|*.db|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\DefaultMember|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey10=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey11=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey12=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey13=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD19\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey14=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD19\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey15=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD19\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey16=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD20\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey17=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD20\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey18=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD20\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Revised Entry

Added: *.xml in FileKey3

[Messaging *]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Messaging_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Messaging_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Messaging_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Messaging_*\LocalCache|*.etl;*.xml
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Messaging_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Messaging_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

- For those who use Outlook Express Classic:

[OE Classic *]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\OEClassic
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\OEClassic\Prg\Res|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\OEClassic\Prg\T|*.*|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=PATH|%LocalAppData%\OEClassic\Prg\Res\|dict-*.aff
ExcludeKey2=PATH|%LocalAppData%\OEClassic\Prg\Res\|dict-*.dic
ExcludeKey3=PATH|%LocalAppData%\OEClassic\Prg\Res\|dict-*.license

(The last 3 "ExcludeKey" entries make sure that the spelling checker doesn't get "wiped out")

- Questions:

1) Does it matter that "ExcludeKey1=" comes after "FileKey=" ?? Would it matter if I would reverse the sequence and put "ExcludeKey=" before "FileKey=" ??

2) Was this already included in a previous "Winapp2.ini" ?? I got these entries through the program CCEnhancer (not supported by the folks of CCleaner and use it therefore at your own risk).

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

1 hour ago, Willy2 said:

... [OE Classic *] ...

1) Does it matter that "ExcludeKey1=" comes after "FileKey=" ?? Would it matter if I would reverse the sequence and put "ExcludeKey=" before "FileKey=" ??

2) Was this already included in a previous "Winapp2.ini" ?? I got these entries through the program CCEnhancer (not supported by the folks of CCleaner and use it therefore at your own risk).

1) No, the order does not matter. For a fast and automated error checking, however, an order had to be determined. And since only very few entries have ExcludeKeys, they were placed at the end of an entry.

2) Yes, the corrected entry is already included since last December. The tool you mentioned does not use its own Winapp2.ini file, but downloads ours from GitHub. Therefore, it's also better to report problems with entries directly here or on GitHub, rather than in the tool's forum.

• Moderators

If you can't wait. To change things like that in mass in a text document I use Metapad (it's outdated), but I suppose something more modern like Notepad++ could also achieve it.

You'd just need to use the Replace feature.

Edit:
Actually Notepad can do it. The one caveat using it though is it doesn't count/tell you how many items it changed - but it does work!

Edited by Andavari

3 hours ago, ricktendo64 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can winapp2ool change all Default=False entries to True? ...

No, this function does not exist. But as @Andavari has already written, "=False" can be simply replaced by "=True" with Notepad.

(By the way, you can also right-click on a section name in CCleaner and select "Check all". But this does not directly change the Winapp2.ini.)

New Entry

[NetworkList *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
RegKey2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Signatures\Unmanaged

6 hours ago, SMalik said:

New Entry

[NetworkList *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
RegKey2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Signatures\Unmanaged

Testing this entry, on reboot of the system, it causes an alert message to appear in the Notification tray asking if the user wants to make the network discoverable.  The default value is Yes.  This could be a bit discerning for users to who are running multiple computers on a network.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.