Registry Entires

Mudd

While I was away for awhile my wife did me a favor, sure she did. While updating CC Cleaner she allowed Google and many of Google children into system. Realizing what she did, ran the uninstall from Control Panel, rather than the REVO program. She told me about it and I searched the Registry for GOOGLE and there seemed to be hundreds of entries. I know how to delete them one by one. Is there a way I can talk to the Registry to delete all Google entries?

This one at a time stuff is tiring.

Mudd

Mudd

Some of these keys might be needed by the system (e.g. for compatibility purposes)

Maybe you could re-install what she uninstalled and then uninstall them using REVO?

Anyway, unused Registry keys are harmless, and the Registry contains hundreds of thousands of keys already - a few more doesn't do any performance difference.

Piriform French translator

Possible Alternatives :-

1. Make you wife delete each key one by one - that will teach her ! !

Actually I would not trust my wife to meddle with the registry,

and there could well be other non-computer related repercussions ! ! !

2. Install all the Google junk again, and then use REVO which should now know where the junk is.

She meant well on what she did.

I didn't realize that some Google entries were necessary, Believe I will install Google Toolbar and Google Updates again as recommended and then delete.

Don't know how she did it all, with the program missing from REVO and IODeleter as well as Control Panel and yet it was still in the Registry.

Thank all of you for the reply. This Forum is tops for me. Never have asked a question that I didn't' get answered.

Redhawk, Alan_B and Aethec, thanks.

Mudd

• Moderators

I didn't realize that some Google entries were necessary

I have absolutely zero Google software entries in my registry since I don't use any of their software, what I mean is when looking here there's none:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software

Not to mention I have a .reg file that automatically gets merged by my junk cleaning batch file to remove the Google Chrome offer allot of software places in the registry - don't use it don't need it.

Well, I'm not sure about Google, but some registry keys are there for compatibility purposes although they look like unused ones ;) (Compatibility is the main reason the Registry is a huge mess, in fact...)

Piriform French translator

I have absolutely zero Google software entries in my registry since I don't use any of their software, what I mean is when looking here there's none:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software

Not to mention I have a .reg file that automatically gets merged by my junk cleaning batch file to remove the Google Chrome offer allot of software places in the registry - don't use it don't need it.

Well cleaning batch files sounds like what I'm looking to do, like a bunch of junk by Google. Is this, cleaning batch files, something an old Brain can do? I'm not very technical but can still follow direction fairly well.

I spent almost an hour yesterday deleting them one by one, using Reg "Find Next" way. That gets old quick and the movement of the bar showed little progress.

Thanks for the information.

Mudd