Recuva Garbage

Clean Me Please

This application does not fail in being a total waste. I can delete a picture one minute, run this application the next minute and it will not find the deleted photo in simple mode. We all know we don't want to run this baby in advanced mode because that will take forEVER. Recuva in my experience is a total complete waste. It also has a problem with navigation: if you go into advanced mode, there is no way to get back to simple mode...you have to shut it down and restart it all over again.

WINDOWS 7 X64

Run Recuva in advanced mode. If you refuse to do this, don't complain. The point of data recovery software is to recover data you really want - 99% of the time you don't care how long it takes.

(besides, if your disk's free space has been defragmented recently, that kind of thing could happen because of temp files)

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

I would have thought that the actual Recuva run would be identical in both modes, with Advanced Mode you don't have to go through all that palava ticking boxes.

To get from Advanced to 'simple' mode click Options - Show Wizard. Two clicks, I know, but life isn't easy.

The failure to find freshly deleted files is entirely due to the mechanics of the file system.

Windows has no mechanism for protecting data of deleted files therefore recovery would always be a hit-and-miss affair.

There are many reason why files cannot be found or cannot be recovered it's not Recuva fault but the nature of the file system.

I've used many other file recovery tools and I can assure you that they operate no different to the way Recuva works.

Richard S.

I can delete a picture one minute, run this application the next minute and it will not find the deleted photo in simple mode. ...

Well, it did what you describe OK here. I deleted some .jpg files, then deleted them from the recycle bin, then found'em, then restored'em. Am I missing something here? :-)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Well perhaps it isn't finding your .JPG for some reason or another. I've only really needed it on one occasion to save my mother from having to re-buy a friend of hers some expensive software she accidentally deleted, and Recuva worked to restore it.

I just had to go through 15 different recovery programs. Recuva is the only one that did a basic undelete operation correctly. All the rest, even Russinovich and Cogswell's Disk Commander remind me of a 3rd science project: a pretty picture and some functionality, only poorly considered.

Only Recuva correctly restores the recovered file's date created. Thanks Piriform!