INTERNET EXPLORER ?

TheBoss

• Moderators

Many programs use the Internet explorer as a integrated part of their operation. You can usually figure out what apps your are using that are doing this by looking at the results of the iexplore cache.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Many programs use the Internet explorer as a integrated part of their operation. You can usually figure out what apps your are using that are doing this by looking at the results of the iexplore cache.

I deleted explorer from pc, can I tell from looking at the results of the CC scan ? thanks for the reply..

You can only uninstall Internet Explorer, not the IE core (a.k.a. Trident) itself. As Nergal said, lots of programs use it, to do things like read their help.

Piriform French translator

You may be using IE-Tab on Firefox?

I deleted explorer from pc, can I tell from looking at the results of the CC scan ? thanks for the reply..

Right-click on the IE results, then you can see the details of what exactly has been deleted.

Aqua has a point - if you're using XP, IE is tightly integrated so if you "remove" it it will go back to the slow, old, buggy, and insecure IE6.

Piriform French translator

Aqua has a point - if you're using XP, IE is tightly integrated so if you "remove" it it will go back to the slow, old, buggy, and insecure IE6.

I have windows 7,as far as I can see explorer is gone..