Just imagine

kroozer

Just imagine what it was like 25 years ago when very few people had home computers. It must have been terribly dull not having a machine and software to complain about. :lol:

Well since I graduated high school in 1968 B.C. (Before Computers) undergrad in 1975 B.C.,even grad school in 1985 B.95 (well 10 years before W95) I can tell you.....

.....it was GREAT!! We had a ball. We actually PLAYED baseball, football, basketball (not on a little screen). We actually did things together not virtually, went to concerts, ballgames (without interuptions galore), peace, love, rock and roll, Woodstock, real fast cars -and- plenty of cheap gas...it was really nice.

Went places without annoying texters, cell phones going off everywhere, stuffed in boxes, spam, viruses.

.....but I still do love my computer. ;)

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

Yes, guys must have been very muscular with all the sports, the girls had REAL pink faces from all that fresh air, and everyone was probably THIN. :D

Girls, oh yeah.

Plus another thing, 50 years ago they invented "the pill", just in time for "My Generation", The Who, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Hendrix, it was fun. (plus no HIV and all that stuff to worry about)

I had a few motorcycles, some screamin' cars I wouldn't trade it for all the gigabytes in the whole world. :)

But hey, every generation has it's music, trends, fads enjoy it all while you can.

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

• Moderators

I couldn't stand computers in school back then they were downright frustrating and difficult to use. At least I had an NES at home though. I still prefer console based games systems over computers especially my PS3.

I couldn't stand computers in school back then they were downright frustrating and difficult to use. At least I had an NES at home though. I still prefer console based games systems over computers especially my PS3.

I had zero computers in my undergrad, major Ind. Mgt, minor Econ

When I went for my MBA in 1979 I needed one prereq, I needed a computer class, I had to take FORTRAN IV, you know that card punching, I hated it!

Buying huge stacks of cards, sitting there punching them out one card at a time, feeding them in, if you had even ONE bad card it kicked out your project.

Sure makes today's computers really easy to use!

Well I didn't exist 25 years ago. But if there were no computers NOW, I'd rather be playing soccer or basketball right now. :)

Very good ishan, I see you "get it"!

And all of us, get off the computer and do something else once in a while....

....in fact I'm going out on the deck and watch a game on TV and have a few good cigars.