Is this for real or a spoof?

Fluffy

That's amazing Fluff, and googling brings up so many items about it, it's real enough.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&rls=en-GB&q=U3-X+Personal+Mobility+Prototype&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Must be a weird feeling sitting on it. You'd be expecting to fall over.

Yeah... It will take a while to get used to it :P

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

It could well do Fluff, but I think I would like the security of 4 wheels on the ground if I was in that position. A busy shopping centre would put that balancing mechanism to the test.

And should you forget to charge the battery, the result would be a treat to watch. "I'm falling over here!!" :lol:

(Tongue in cheek comments before anyone starts telling me about low battery warnings etc. :) )

• Moderators

Your probably right Dennis...

The final product will no doubt end up on kids Christmas lists ! no more space hoppers!! :lol:

I think you're spot on with that one Fluff. Imagine the cost, if and when they're put on the market. Thank heaven my "kids" are well past that stage. :)

The problem I see with it though is the foot pedals are too low.

I was thinking that while I was watching it. Maybe there will be an adjustment available. Or different sizes. A larger version would be good as it could put out more torque and prevent tipping.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

I was thinking that while I was watching it. Maybe there will be an adjustment available. Or different sizes. A larger version would be good as it could put out more torque and prevent tipping.

Fantastic bit of Kit, I wonder if I can get a 4 wheel version, Hi - Low range 5 speed & dual fuel!!!!!! OPPS I forgot, what about a roof?

On a serious note it will be a great step in the right direction for the handicapped & I'm sure the peddles are adjustable. :D

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• Moderators

Fantastic bit of Kit, I wonder if I can get a 4 wheel version

I'm still waiting for those hover cars they promised us in the 80s so I can fly around town.:lol:

Personally if I were wheelchair bound I wouldn't trust a one-wheeled contraption like it should it ever fail, and I don't think by looking at it that it would be adopted by many handicapped people, especially those that need a chair to keep them seated without any chance of falling.

I think its more to do with the wheel drive technology and the ability to lean your body and influence your direction that could be used to help people who are disabled..