I would love an easier way to add apps to clean

mr don

I noticed that Defraggler is very simple in adding files to move to the last part of the drive. Just point & click!

I thought CCleaner would be so much simpler too, if it had a point & click "add program to clean" option, instead of having to tediously write out entries, double check to see they are right, etc.

Any way to incorporate a similar feature into CCleaner that Defraggler has, like "Title of program", "Program type", "Program location", "Please check whether to use absolute or relative paths"

I just thought adding apps would be so much faster, better, & easier to automate this area! I know you can drag & drop folders etc, but what about making it simpler for people to add the apps they want cleaned, so it takes less time & frustration adding or removing apps?

Thank you!

Let me know what you think!

The problem is, you can't simply add an app. Users must know what are the files & Registry keys that the said app uses to store MRUs, temporary files, etc.

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

As Aethec has pointed out the requirements there isn't really an "easy way" to make app cleaners the way you suggest. They have to all be manually made from scratch, currently. However I could envision a built-in GUI to do all the punching in of what to clean, but such a feature would be up to Piriform.

As Aethec has pointed out the requirements there isn't really an "easy way" to make app cleaners the way you suggest. They have to all be manually made from scratch, currently. However I could envision a built-in GUI to do all the punching in of what to clean, but such a feature would be up to Piriform.

Yeah, that would be awesome.

Maybe have these sections:

Title / Program Name / Section (Choose Windows or Application Dir) / Files to include / Reg entries to include

It would take work to create it, but wow, that would be totally awesome! It may be nearly impossible to remove "all" reg keys due to the fact that MS makes volume shadow copies, restore points, etc etc, but the main areas in the reg that accumulate trash, I know many of those key areas.

I hope they do make a GUI version, cause the defraggler GUI works great! The problem I have with the manual way now, is having to double check everything to be sure it is all correct, then making sure it loads right (testing it out) etc. Having a GUI would make it so much easier & faster!

I will definitely be checking out the newer versions. I checked out a lot of cleaning programs, but so far, CCleaner seems my fav.

+) Drag & Drop Feature for the Folders & Files works for me! -> Many Thanks! =)

allow user to paste a very long path for adding a custom Folder http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=27478&st=0&p=165221&hl=drag%20drop&fromsearch=1entry165221

Try this. Just drag and drop the folder into CCleaner. Answer yes to the dialog.

Edit your new entry to confirm the choices are as you wish.

Since you have located the folder..no reason to copy to the clipboard..just drop it into the include box.

+) "My wish": And a "Test-before-Option" - like in the good old IE Privacy Keeper :)

http://www.browsertools.net/IE-Privacy-Keeper/man_files.html

cheers

at least once a day : to think different ;o)

It seems a little complex to me. Adding apps to clean??? Maybe CCleaner might delete important files in those programs.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

It seems a little complex to me. Adding apps to clean??? Maybe CCleaner might delete important files in those programs.

It IS complex. Using the ini files to add them!

Same problem exists about "might delete important files" whether automatic or manual. But most users who want to add that would be fully aware anyway, just like using CCleaner MIGHT delete temp files!

Simply put, if there is a GUI put to it, similar to the one on Defraggler for changing things, it would be so much simpler, heh!

What I would want is to be able to run ccleaner on my IPAQ2410 which is getting rather cluttered!

Any ideas or even advice?

Maybe I could do it now?

PJB

It seems (from a quick Google search) that the iPAQ are using Windows Mobile ; you can't use CCleaner on it.

Piriform French translator