A new form of SPAM!

DennisD

• Moderators

There was a very large post made in software today for the K-Lite Mega Kodec Pack, which is a free software package.

I was puzzled as to the why, before I realised the why.

The download link was Rapidshare, and if a member with a free account racks up enough downloads of an item he has stored on Rapidshare, then he/she will be presented with a Rapidshare Premium Account for no charge.

If you guys see any Rapidshare Links for software, report them please, as Corona did with this one, and don't use the download link.

The poster and his post have been removed.

Thanks

To be honest I've never even heard of RapidShare till Dennis just mentioned it now. When I saw that huge honking double-spaced post/advert made by "Newbie" with a total of 1 posts to their history, I kind of suspected something was a tad weird. And what a ploy...use a well known online clean freebie codec pack to get more attention/hits.

That's why I stick to filehippo, folks. ;)

Thanks for taking out the trash, Dennis! newkpoop.gif

• Moderators
Perhaps ban rapidshare links?

I'd say no to that since RapidShare can be used legitimately, it would be like banning cars because someone once drove one while drunk, as an analogy.

I use RapidShare for some of the very small files I've posted on here as an alternative to MediaFire and vice versa should one be out of order.

Is one of the filehosting sites appreciably better than the others, quicker, more dependable, less spammy, etc?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I'd say no to that since RapidShare can be used legitimately, it would be like banning cars because someone once drove one while drunk, as an analogy.

Thats a good view of it. I was more thinking linking files here is not so much welcomed. But learn something new each day. I to also use rapidshare.

Guess we can't blame the site for stupid users. Althought they do intend to encourage it

No fate but what we make