September Desktops

DennisD

Very pretty, Dennis!

Here's mine... Vampire Bill Compton from HBO's True Blood. :)

be8ad847438682.gif

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

The tool bar is RocketDock, one of the best freeware programs going:

RocketDock:

A month or so ago, I decided to change to having those shortcuts as Quicklaunch items, but found I couldn't live without RocketDock after using it for so long.

The main ImageShack site has always caused this thread to load painfully slow for a lot of people, especially those on low bandwidth or dialup. Hence the ban on it.

Question about RocketDock: Does it slow down your system at all Dennis? And about how much RAM does it use? (Want to put it on old comp.).

Btw, it's safe to use right? Have you had any errors or anything like that using it?

• Moderators
Question about RocketDock: Does it slow down your system at all Dennis? And about how much RAM does it use? (Want to put it on old comp.).

Btw, it's safe to use right? Have you had any errors or anything like that using it?

Absolutely no slowdown or side effects at all Ice, and I'm not aware of any negative comments from any of the other members who use it.

e90058908729.jpg

This figure can fluctuate a bit, but not by too much, and with the size of Ram most folk have now, it's insignificant.

• Moderators
Wow, that is TINY memory usage. Definitely going to install this one.

Offtopic: I got definitely right again! :lol:

You deafnitlee did. :)

RocketDock can be higher, but usually settles down. At the moment mine is running at 548K.

Okay, just installed RocketDock and set it up just the way I would want it. Now I can't even imagine how I got along without it! (This is going on my new computer ASAP :D). Right now RD is only using about 10k memory, probably because I haven't restarted yet.

Rocket Dock's cute, I've tried it, even created icons for it. If you like it, go for it. I found it useless after a short while, seeing how I rarely ever see my desktop with all the fullscreen apps I run. The only time I see my desktop is when I'm starting up or turning off.

Hazelnut, cute desktop. And I see it's in Win98 skin, one of my favorites. You have your clock set to 24 hour readings? :blink: That's so...military, or at least marine.

I'll assume that green box in the system tray is Task Manager. And I see Sandboxie, and Avira, and some USB connection, and the classic nVidea control panel (which I use), and a yellow warning shield for updates.

I found out by accident about 2 months ago that I could load Processor Explorer when I call up Task Manager. I've had PE for years and never knew about that.

I'm sure all of you here at this forum already knew about it for years.

So why didn't anybody tell me about it?

WHY DID YOU KEEP IT A SECRET?!

:lol:

• Moderators

Corona you assumed wrong!

The little green taskbar grid is my Online Armor firewall status window showing me what connections I have at the time etc.

My retro desktop? don't spend much time on it so don't really mind what it looks like. :)

You forgot to mention my spider solitare again :lol:

post-1555-1252699393_thumb.jpg

post-1555-1252699393_thumb.jpg

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

You forgot to mention my spider solitare again :lol:

I saw it. I thought I'd save you from the extra embarrassment. flirt.gif

I actually like the Win98 theme, you know, how the window edges look. But I change the window titles' blue > lighter blue color scheme to black > dark gray.

Lately I've been using that XP noire (black) theme that someone here pointed out a few months ago.