kaspersky and trend micro anti virus comparision

Xion44

wondering how everyone feels about the two anti virus programs -kaspersky and trend micro. i have trend micro. and so far its been keeping me safe in conjunction with my heavy net activities. ive been hearing alot about the popularity of kaspersky hmm

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.
They have helped me and many others in the past. Excellent hints and advice!

BigSmile.png

• Moderators

I think Kaspersky has the best scanning engine still, I really like its online scanner.

However the latest version is pretty bloated and slow, I haven't triend trend micro in years though.

I think if I was going to buy an AV I would get either antivir or nod32. I think freeware is still good enough for most people's needs. (avast, antivir, avg free)

I like avast! Free that I am running here on my XP Pro system and Avira AntiVir Premium on the old PIII because I could not get avast! Free to run on it.

I compliment them with Malwarebytes MBAM anti malware application.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

from the reviews from friends, they all have their own opinion on which anti virus is best..is confusing to decide. i was thinking of changing my anti virus, but erred on that idea. because then, the comp would have to revaluate all the definitions all over again.

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.

BigSmile.png

They are all much the same with none providing decent coverage, well for me anyways.

Same as windows updates which are never ending and useless bloat.

Below are a couple of sample malware I've picked up lately.

File 461.exe received on 01.20.2009 00:36:03 (CET)

Current status: finished

Result: 4/39 (10.26%)

Virus Total

File setup_419_6777_.exe received on 01.19.2009 10:43:39 (CET)

Current status: finished

Result: 2/39 (5.13%)

Virus Total

i concur..windows updates are bloaty

80999699qp6.jpg

BigSmile.png

60 dollars for one year is too much (kas) besides changing your anti virus software is unadvisable..because of all the updates and definitions intergrated

80999699qp6.jpg

BigSmile.png

• Moderators
60 dollars for one year is too much (kas) besides changing your anti virus software is unadvisable..because of all the updates and definitions intergrated

People change AV's all the time without problems.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

i was a victim of multiple trojan attacks earlier last year HN. spent 600 dollars for repairs..so i dont want to mess with err security protocals

80999699qp6.jpg

BigSmile.png