Uninstalling software

ident

Always used your uninstaller. any one who knows is there better out there then this? Never done me ne harm. just curious

No fate but what we make

Always used your uninstaller. any one who knows is there better out there then this? Never done me ne harm. just curious

Hi ident.

CC's uninstaller works exactly the same as the Windows uninstaller, it uses the same info from the registry. Are you having a problem uninstalling something? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators

I've never used the one you mention. I exclusively use Revo Uninstaller now, although a little care is needed if uninstalling programs which may have common files. It does have degrees of depth of scan if you're not sure of any particular program.

Revo Uninstaller:

There's also the well used Install Tracking utilities:

ZSoft Uninstaller:

Tota Uninstall: (Last Freeware Version)

Hi ident.

CC's uninstaller works exactly the same as the Windows uninstaller, it uses the same info from the registry. Are you having a problem uninstalling something? ;)

cc uninstaller is crap same as xp's they dont actually uninstall everything. only good thing about cc is it loads faster

i just downloaded revo b4 u said it. ganna tyr it out

No fate but what we make

• Moderators
cc uninstaller is crap same as xp's they dont actually uninstall everything.

CCleaner's uninstaller tool is just running the built-in application uninstall file, therefore stuff will be left behind. I recommend getting into the habit of tracking installations with ZSoft Uninstaller or Total Uninstall (Last Freeware Version) for a more thorough uninstall.

Heed the advice of the post by DennisD when using Revo Uninstaller, you really need to look at the list of what it will be removing before committing to it. ;)

Andavari, are those ones you mentioned better then any paid for versions of this kind of software? I have Youruninstaller (an older version) that i have been using for awhile now, was just wondering how it measured up.....

• Moderators
Andavari, are those ones you mentioned better then any paid for versions of this kind of software?

I don't know because I've only ever used those two installation trackers mentioned in my previous post.

I do however imagine the newest build of Total Uninstall would be better than that old freeware version due to the improvements, etc., however the old freeware version gets the job done for me.

• Moderators
how do you know what to uninstall?from add and remove :unsure:

If it's say a software package you rarely or never use. Just be careful as some uninstall tools may list Windows Updates, or software sub-components needed by a main application. Such software that uses a myriad of sub-component installations would be HP printer/scanner software as an example.

Andavari please don't mention HP printer/scanner uninstalls before I have had a least two coffees.

You need nerves of steel for that :lol:

I just had my first morning coffee and posting with my recovered XP Pro system and I would like to give an honorable mention to Norton ( Symantec) even after running their un-install application :blink:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Andavari please don't mention HP printer/scanner uninstalls before I have had a least two coffees.

You need nerves of steel for that :lol:

I really don't like those 30 minute or longer installs from their disc, which is why I copied the whole thing to my hard disk which enables it to install much faster. Hard to believe so much &%#@ is needed to run their printer/scanner hardware whereas my old now kaput Dell printer/scanner had software that barely made a dent of needed disk space.

I would like to give an honorable mention to Norton ( Symantec) even after running their un-install application :blink:

Don't forget its inbred cousin McAfee. :lol:

Heed the advice of the post by DennisD when using Revo Uninstaller, you really need to look at the list of what it will be removing before committing to it. ;)

Is there a chance that using Revo Uninstaller in the advanced mode, while cheking the registry keys suggested by the program to be deleted, I may be deleting some registry key that is also used by another program?

Thanks

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators
Is there a chance that using Revo Uninstaller in the advanced mode, while cheking the registry keys suggested by the program to be deleted, I may be deleting some registry key that is also used by another program?

Thanks

Possible, or physical files on the hard disk. On one particular occasion I noticed it listing a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with the uninstalled application, hence the reason I no longer use it.

Possible, or physical files on the hard disk. On one particular occasion I noticed it listing a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with the uninstalled application, hence the reason I no longer use it.

Couldn`t the very same happen while cleanning the registry with ccleaner? meaning : deleting reg keys that are used by some other programs.

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators
Couldn`t the very same happen while cleanning the registry with ccleaner? meaning : deleting reg keys that are used by some other programs.

With aggressive registry cleaners I'd say it's possible. However as we all know CCleaner has a safe registry cleaner, and it's something I've never personally encountered with it and I've been using it since its inception some five years ago.

It is always possible. On one occasion I had Revo list almost my entire registry (about 900 reg keys), have no idea why. Though having said that when I rescanned using moderate mode it only found related entries. And that is the only time it has ever displayed incorrect items for me and I only use the advanced mode