Pine TV cabinet

YoKenny

I have the opportunity to purchase a Pine TV cabinet shown below for $50.00 which would look good in my apartment.

It would permit me to store and organize my collection of VHS tapes and DVDs making them easier to see as they are all jumbled up in a small computer desk right now.

I don't have a 27in TV though only a 15in Toshiba with great picture and stereo sound. B)

SOLID WOOD (ANTIQUE STAIN) PINE T.V. CABINET

Price: $100.00

Ad ID: 57405573

Visits: 157

Date Listed: 16-Jun-08

4FT 8INS x HIGH 33INS WIDE 22INS DEEP

HOLDS 27INS T.V.

4 DOORS. PLENTY OF STORAGE SPACE.

CUPBOARD DOORS CLOSE TO CONCEAL T.V.

SHOWS LIKE NEW, LOVELY PIECE OF FURNITURE

http://kingston.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-f...QQAdIdZ57405573

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Just make sure the back of it is at least partially open to allow for proper ventilation for the TV.
It has a large opening in the back and I have it about 3in from the wall.

I just finished watching a classic Jack Benny show with Humphrey Bogart in B/W complete with the Lucky Strike commercial on DVD and it has two more episodes for me to watch with one having Jane Mansfield that sure will gather my attention if not a few laughs.

I'm going to see if I can trade in the DVD player for a combo DVD and VHS player when I have a bit more money.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

It has a large opening in the back and I have it about 3in from the wall.

I just finished watching a classic Jack Benny show with Humphrey Bogart in B/W complete with the Lucky Strike commercial on DVD and it has two more episodes for me to watch with one having Jane Mansfield that sure will gather my attention if not a few laughs.

I'm going to see if I can trade in the DVD player for a combo DVD and VHS player when I have a bit more money.

Sounds like a neat set-up.Some of those old T.V and especially radio cabinets are pieces of art and craftsmanship.

:) davey

Sounds like a neat set-up.Some of those old T.V and especially radio cabinets are pieces of art and craftsmanship.

:) davey

Talking about classics I just bought a 10 episode pack of 'The Andy Griffith Show' and the complete first season of 'Get Smart' (with the pilot episode) .

Haven't bothered watching the new movie yet as not sure if its worth it,

They has probably missed it by more than <insert voice= 'maxwell smart'> 'that much' </insert>.

The classics are great for a Real laugh that you don't get in many new programs. :lol::lol:

fireryone

Talking about classics I just bought a 10 episode pack of 'The Andy Griffith Show' and the complete first season of 'Get Smart' (with the pilot episode) .
Those were great shows.

I maxed out my only credit card so I can't purchase them until my pension comes in at the end of the month.

A long time ago I purchased a Easy 70's CD set from Time Warner and that started a deluge of monthly un-wanted CDs that I kept returning and asked them to stop sending them and they only stopped when I moved and did not leave a forwarding address at the post office.

The classics are great for a Real laugh that you don't get in many new programs.
I like Seinfeld, Frasier and The New Red Green Show plus the classics on BBC like Keeping Up Appearances, Blackadder, Yes Minister and Are You Being Served.

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Those combo players are convenient, but in this day and age only if it has a DVD recorder built in which would allow you to copy your unprotected VHS to DVD Video format, and never have to worry about quality degradation or worn out tape.

One of the best movies I saw was Peter Sellers next to last with Shirley MacLaine in Being There with him a gardener for a rich person that passed away and his decedents wanting to sell the mansion putting him out on the streets of Washington D.C. with only the cloths on his back and a TV remote.

The famous line in the show I Like To Watch

The scenes with him becoming adviser to the President had me holding my sides and reaching for tissues to wipe my eyes.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find it on VHS nor DVD for sale.

I do have Peter Sellers The Party

I remember Peter Sellers in the British radio show The Goon Show that we used to listen to because we did not have TV back then.

IE7Pro user