Opera Is Go... Hazel, you're a STAR.

DennisD

• Moderators

The Nutty one?(we?are?not?worthy) has succeeded where the Opera Community failed.

I am here with Opera, and the danged thing launched itself onto the Internet.

This has got to be the link of all links:

http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/265/

Amazing how after at least 12 months of people posting this prob on the Opera forums, it takes a Piriform Star to find it in the Opera knowledgebase.

Well done Hazel, and thanks.

The Nutty one?(we?are?not?worthy) has succeeded where the Opera Community failed.

Amazing how after at least 12 months of people posting this prob on the Opera forums, it takes a Piriform Star to find it in the Opera knowledgebase.

So what was the problem? Opera was trying to connect with dial up?

• Moderators

I don't no why Opera wouldn't connect the same way everything else connects, but you'd have to read that article to see how I had to change my settings.

Does that make sense? A browser that doesn't have it's own dialer. ;)

No matter, the mystery is no longer a mystery.

I don't no why Opera wouldn't connect the same way everything else connects, but you'd have to read that article to see how I had to change my settings.

Does that make sense? A browser that doesn't have it's own dialer. ;)

No matter, the mystery is no longer a mystery.

I did read the article and it's about dial up connections. Your on cable aren't you?

• Moderators
I did read the article and it's about dial up connections. Your on cable aren't you?

I'm on a USB ADSL modem, if that's the right term. Nothing complicated, which was the puzzling thing about Opera not connecting.

Dennis, I am so glad for you :)

Now you will be able to find out how great opera is.

Also now you can be a 3 browser person :P

Hazel, get yourself up to the Angel celebrations in June, and I'll buy you a drink or two. Haven't I always told you you're a star.

• Moderators

Might as well flog this thread for a while, as I'm in strange territory with this browser.

Can I put the back buttons above the tabs? And where do I go for themes and stuff? I could always go searching, but you guys can push me in the right direction.

Isn't this exciting, I'm like a kid with a new toy. Lets hope it's not back in the box once the novelty wears off. :lol:

This site helped me quite a bit with some icons.

And when customizing bars, remember that what you click on in certain areas within a bar will alter the customization choices accordingly.

I'm not sure if you can raise the tab bar above the navigation bar. I think I tried but was unsuccessful. Still, messing around with it is fun. :)

(I need that Spelling Nazi app now.)

• Moderators

Thanks for that link Corona, what I'm after is the tabs?to?be directly above the window, instead of the back buttons and address bar.

EDIT: You're absolutely right, messing about is fun.

Thanks for that link Corona, what I'm after is the tabs?to?be directly above the window, instead of the back buttons and address bar.

EDIT: You're absolutely right, messing about is fun.

You can't move tool bars in Opera but you can move everything that's on them to other toolbars. So you won't be able to actually take the tab bar and move it but you can move whats on it to another bar and get what your after. There are a bunch of how to articles for this. Many first time Opera users don't like the tab bar where it is and want it to be like Firefox so there is plenty of info on it. They even have pre made tool bar set ups for you to download.

• Moderators

If nobody objects, I'll wind this thread up. Any advice or tips I want I'll post them in my Opera thread.

Final word. Thanks again Hazel.

Edit: Cheers Anthony, just read your answer after posting this.

Dennis,

Hazel has always been the Opera Queen on this forum as fas I have seen.

That is why I wanted to use it.

Now close your eyes and go back 2 years and recall how you connected with Opera back then.

:) davey

• Moderators

It was probably daft to try and wind this particular thread up. Apologies for that guys, it's the most exciting thing to happen on here in ages. MHO of course.

People are bound to add a comment or two after all the brainstorming.

So to all you guys who put forward suggestions. You're all rubbish. :lol:

There's only one star on here.

Davey, I remember double clicking the Opera icon and that was it. I've no idea how my dialer settings were changed to stop Opera working.

To tell the truth, I had no idea whatsoever that there was dialer settings that could be changed around like that.

My settings must have been the normal default setup, otherwise there wouldn't be an Opera Knowledge base article to educate people on how to set it up for Opera.

Yeah Hazel is always able to find a gem of information to help you out when you are in trouble. Plus shes so polite and sweet, which is why she is such a great moderator. :)

• Moderators
Yeah Hazel is always able to find a gem of information to help you out when you are in trouble. Plus shes so polite and sweet, which is why she is such a great moderator. :)

Could be the reason Opera doesn't work on your 64.

The Nutty one (we are not worthy) has succeeded where the Opera Community failed.

We've always known she's a genius. ;)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Poor Hazel. Her head is like a siphon and it's about ready to a-splode with all the gratitude.

That, or she's really evil and she'll lord this favor to you over your heads forever.

MWAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Davey, I remember double clicking the Opera icon and that was it. I've no idea how my dialer settings were changed to stop Opera working.

To tell the truth, I had no idea whatsoever that there was dialer settings that could be changed around like that.

My settings must have been the normal default setup, otherwise there wouldn't be an Opera Knowledge base article to educate people on how to set it up for Opera.

What a turn around.My experience was just the opposite.When I took over this PC it was hooked up through a 56kb modem and hardly ever connected more than 15 mins a day for the user to read E-mail.We didn't even know how to reply.

A month later I was trying to hook up to a network switch and have the modem available also.

I don't want to remember that but I am trying to learn if I got it right without the modem.

For the longest time I couldn't connect to the internet except with the modem. :lol::lol::lol:

:) davey

What makes Opera so much better than firefox? Im just curious...I've only used opera once but found it daunting because everything was so much different.

There both very good. The thing with Opera is that it's much faster than Firefox and all it's great features are built in. With Firefox you have to add many extensions to get it even close to Opera's features.

The good thing about trying out browsers is that they're all free. And the more popular ones are simpler to install and set up. And if you don't like them uninstall them. No fuss.

Last time I tried Opera it was 7.x or 8.x. It was meh. Firefox 2 beat it hands down.

But this Opera 9.5.2 beta is incredible. Of course you're gonna have to learn about a few things, but that's what makes it so intriguing.

I can't truly say it's better than Firefox, but damn if it isn't really close. Many addon features from FF have been implememted within it, and it's fun to tweak the task bars and commands around to where you want them, or if you want them.

• Moderators

The Opera gods just don't want me to use Opera.

I can't use my messenger. When I first enter the messenger page, the edit window turns blue.

t214_OperaMessenger.jpg

Can't do anything with it.

Also, I can't see Anthonys or Woodys images in May Desktops. I can see every one elses.

t213_OperaImage.jpg

And finally, I can not post in, or start, a topic. I can only type the first line of text, and thats it. I can't start a second line.

Using Opera 9.5 with nothing added at all. The same thing happens with Opera 9.27.

I've had to go home again, and get good old Firefox.

Gimme a break Opera. I even listen to your music.

I'm on Opera and I can't see their images either. They use Screenshot hosting. I don't know what's up with that.

And I just tried FF. They don't come up on there either, but they used to. Maybe they took them down from their host?