Selling CCleaner on eBay UK

LEEnoble

Looks like someone is doing it again - LINK

The seller has even designed a software box for it and is hotlinking images from CCleaner.com

Here's another one on eBayUS with quite a few listings. LINK

Sad-Wish we could report them. Any Idea's how to report it? They even altered the screen-grabs!

Who reports these to Ebay?

Not sure who reports them but at the bottom of the offering they have a link to Report This Item.

I find the following very interesting also.

THANK YOU

?Copyright 2005-2008 Piriform Ltd. All rights reserved

NOTE - SELLING THIS IS NOT BREAKING ANY COPYRIGHT LAWS IT OBEYS ALL OF EBAY'S LISTING POLICIES AND ANY OTHER COMPANY RULES.

ANY OTHER QUERIES WILL BE DEALT WITH UPON REQUEST. THANKS

THANK YOU

It sure ticks me off !!!

:) davey

P.S. Or this one from the other link.

Note to eBay: I am the owner or have Master Resale Rights for the underlying material or this material is in the public domain, and has been found to be in full compliance with eBay's listing policies.

He is so generous he is even going to throw in a registry defragmenter for FREE !

Edited by davey

Not sure who reports them but at the bottom of the offering they have a link to Report This Item.

I clicked that, and followed the steps providing information then it just said to contact ebay via email, or live chat. Live chat is down right now.

I find the following very interesting also.

THANK YOU

NOTE - SELLING THIS IS NOT BREAKING ANY COPYRIGHT LAWS IT OBEYS ALL OF EBAY'S LISTING POLICIES AND ANY OTHER COMPANY RULES.

ANY OTHER QUERIES WILL BE DEALT WITH UPON REQUEST. THANKS

THANK YOU

It sure ticks me off !!!

It ticks me off too! And the selling of it breaks at least 2 of ebays rules. A$$

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I clicked that, and followed the steps providing information then it just said to contact ebay via email, or live chat. Live chat is down right now.

It ticks me off too! And the selling of it breaks at least 2 of ebays rules. A$$

What do we have to do.

Everybody sign up as a seller and offer every Free software there is.Ridiculous.

I know nada about Ebay.Of course Ebay has to get their cut!!!

I'm off to read our licensing agreement.

Piriform grants you a limited non-exclusive licence to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:

1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software.

2. You must not alter the software, user licence or installer in any way.

3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any distribution.

4. You may not resell or charge for the software.

5. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, derive the source code of or modify [or create derivative work from] the program.

6. You must not use CCleaner to engage in or allow others to engage in any illegal activity.

7. You may not claim any sponsorship by, endorsement by, or affiliation with our company.

8. You acknowledge that Piriform owns the copyright and all associated intellectual property rights relating to the software except to the extent that the software includes identifiable separate components originating from the Yahoo! Toolbar.

This software licence is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

Yahoo states you may not

(vi) sell, lease, loan, distribute, transfer, or sub-license the Yahoo! Software or access thereto or derive income from the use or provision of the Yahoo! Software, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, without Yahoo!?s prior, express, written permission.

I guess Ebay doesn't care if someone is illegally selling PIRIFORM or YAHOO software on their website.

This does not even take into account the GOOGLE software that is probably also being sold illegally.

LET THE EBAY SUCKERS BEWARE !!!

Edited by davey

I guess Ebay doesn't care if someone is illegally selling PIRIFORM or YAHOO software on their website.

I don't think that is true. Ebay has a list of rules and regulations, and this guy is breaking Ebay's listing rules.

Replica, Counterfeit Items and Unauthorized Copies

Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorized copies of media.

Guideline: If the product you are selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, don't list it on eBay.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Report counterfeit or replica items.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/rules_policies.html

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I just was reviewing the eBay stand on copy-rights infringement and feel a good strong & continuous way to stop folks from selling all the SW from Piriform is to have them join the -VERO- program. Looks like a lot of other manufacturers, publishers, distributors...ect., are signed up.

Just a thought; however, I'm not sure how/who to forward this information to as a suggestion.

FYI:

eBay developed the Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program to facilitate cooperation between eBay and rights owners protecting their intellectual property rights.

Highlights of the program include:

Expeditious removal of listings reported to eBay by over 5,000 intellectual property rights owners.

Proactive monitoring and removal by eBay of listings that violate eBay policies designed to prevent the listing of infringing items on eBay.

Ability to save searches and have the results emailed to you through Favorite Searches.

Suspension of repeat offenders.

Cooperation with rights owners seeking personal information on alleged infringers.

However, because eBay cannot be an expert in your intellectual property rights in over 25,000 categories, and cannot verify that sellers have the right to sell the millions of items they post on eBay each day, we need your help in identifying listings which do not appear on their face to infringe your rights.

This is the funny side:

Quantity: 12 available

:lol:

Of course they say that,to make it sound more important to get it now.

I have seen them saying as little as 3 left.

HEY SUCKER BUY YOUR FREE SOFTWARE NOW. GET'EM WHILE YOUR HOT. :lol:

• Moderators
HEY SUCKER BUY YOUR FREE SOFTWARE NOW. GET'EM WHILE YOUR HOT.

And I wouldn't doubt if that's why every now and then someone comes onto the forums all pissed off because they "bought" a Piriform product, then only later find out from us users on the forum that it's actually free. The money they spent unknowingly illegally paying for it could have instead went into making a legitimate donation.