Is your computer working just fine?

CeeCee

Don't mean to be rude but...........are we really going anywhere with this ???

Hi tomcatonnet99 ;)

Some people might see this topic as a starting point> for posting about "problems" that they may be having with their machine.

Getting along on this 256 MB Dell Dimension 2400 after reading,and applying info and advice on the forums.

O Yeah!!! I get by with a little help fom my friends !!!

Too bad it's not mine,yet.Nothing like putting in 2 GB of new RAM.

But how would I know when it's slowing down?

Oh well I'm a member of "run what brung" club and nothing wrong with that.

The more old and new computers out there making more knowledge and truth available to all,the better off the whole world is now and in the future.

Thank God for what we have.

Thanks to all,

:) davey

Ok Craig If you say so :lol: ; my Ferrari sure as hell goes like snot ............hehehe

Hi tomcat :lol: , my machine is 2 years old! and when it was new' it was only a "mid-spec" machine! not entry level! and certainly not high end!

I was saying compared to the machines that I use "and curse :angry: " every day at work, my PC is great!

And it is running as it should, thanks to the excellent help and advice that I have received here at "Piriform Forums" :D .

Besides praying for it to boot up and FDC errors, it runs just fine. I do need it to upgrade though. My video card is a pitiful RIVA TNT2 64 32mb and my RAM is a lowly 256mb. I plan to upgrade it to a GeForce 6/7 series video card and probably 1/1.2gb RAM.

Good thing I can still play 3d games, although the graphics should be set to the lowest. :(

This computer will be probably upgraded in March. Regarding memory usage, I keep on trimming down the number of useless services so less of the "svchost.exe" are used. I'll also uninstall the Linksys Wireless Network Monitor and use Wireless Zero Configuration, and keep only Windows XP's inbound firewall. Man, it's really hard relying on virtual memory, or the way I call it "HD for RAM".

Hi there,

Changing ISP this week, and need to do a back up first. Cannot find anything

on screens to let me do this - have checked under Internet Explorer, Yahoo

and Outlook Express but 'back up' is not mentioned. Keep defrag, disk clean-up

etc.,regularly checked - also have problem getting Scheduled Tasks to open...

am I missing something basic, please. Using Windows XP SP2 .

Thanks,

Molly