cheap virus

gunner

Saw this on the net today:A Poor Man's Computer Virus

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. It cracked me up though - today in my Inbox:

Hi, I am a Portuguese virus, but because of the poor technology and lack of money in my country I am not able to do anything with your computer. So, please be kind and delete an important file on your system and then forward me to other users. Thank you.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

• Moderators

You'd be surprised at how many people ("fools") start deleting files in the Windows directory and sub-directories all by themselves, then scream virus when their computer starts acting up or displaying errors. I remember one guy who deleted all .dll's in the Windows\System32 folder that began with "ad" thinking they were downloading advertisements to his computer, oops those were OS related .dll's needed by WinXP.

You'd be surprised at how many people ("fools") start deleting files in the Windows directory and sub-directories all by themselves, then scream virus when their computer starts acting up or displaying errors. I remember one guy who deleted all .dll's in the Windows\System32 folder that began with "ad" thinking they were downloading advertisements to his computer, oops those were OS related .dll's needed by WinXP.

icon_rofl.gif

kindof funny to go and listen to an email whom dont even know who is the sender and go and delete a file...

--==aGumon==--

This gentleman would:BLIND DRUNK----- A drunk staggered into a Pennsylvania ER complaining of severe pain while trying to remove his contact lenses. He said that they would come out halfway, but they always popped back in. A nurse tried to help using a suction pump, but without success. Finally, a doctor examined him and discovered the man did not have his contact lenses in at all. He had been trying to rip out the membrane of his cornea. {Please don't try this at home until help is readily available in the form of more alcohol}

Must be nice to know everything. Careful or you will use up those 9 lives, and not be able to pontificate to us mere mortals. MEOW umm...goodbye.

waaaay past tired.

I'm sure others would agree Eldmannen should be banned. He/she offers no help and suggests alternatives instead of helping to resolve problems/issues.

Perhaps we should do like Survivor and try to vote the user off the "forum" island. ;)

I know this may not be nice, but I'm damn tired of the forums being trashed by Eldmannen's posts.

Telling him to go away dosent seem to work either.

Maybe Tarun has the right idea behind the Survivor gig... :)

Personally , the p***y cat has made only one suggestion from one of my posts but it was a lame suggestion and I have seen the bashing from other posts..

Greetings.

This is a public forum and every member of the forum is allowed to post a reply on the thread, vote on the polls and post new threads.

And this is not a democratic where you vote out people.

In this thread, I never said anything bad. I made an informative reply, mererly stating that the mentioned virus is an old joke that have circulated in other forms, such as "the amish computer virus" and others.

If your Volvo is broken, then it's much better to get a Ferrari for free then try to fix it or get around it.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png