File Sharing/Hosting Sites

Tom AZ

• Moderators
Mediafire-Up to 100mb per file and has unlimited storage

Rapidshare-bad if you're a free user: slow, and requires you to wait for some time

Mediafire is so much better than Rapidshare! Rapidshare's free service has a countdown wait timer to get a download which is totally annoying and something to entirely avoid.

What I like about Mediafire is it's features:

* No waiting to get the download file.

* Fast download speeds.

* Comments on files which can include either a short comment, or even an MD5 checksum.

* Automatic malware/virus scanning of uploaded files, it will not accept infected files to my knowledge.

* If registered you can either make your files Public (available to all), or Private (only available to you, and whomever you give the link to).

More features are listed at: http://www.mediafire.com/about.php

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here we go again . . .

Sorry to resurrect this subject, but I'm still looking for a good file sharing/hosting site -- one without all of the pop-ups and borderline questionable photos and images. Bottom line is that I need a very "Professional" service -- both in appearance and function. I share files all the time in my business and don't need all the junk that comes with so many of them. I've tried a lot of services, but still haven't found one I'm happy with.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Here we go again . . .

Sorry to resurrect this subject, but I'm still looking for a good file sharing/hosting site -- one without all of the pop-ups and borderline questionable photos and images. Bottom line is that I need a very "Professional" service -- both in appearance and function. I share files all the time in my business and don't need all the junk that comes with so many of them. I've tried a lot of services, but still haven't found one I'm happy with.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

What didn't you like about Mediafire?

What didn't you like about Mediafire?

As I use this as a business tool, and I didn't like some of the inappropriate and "scantily clad" images. It didn't exactly send the type of message I wanted to send to my clients.

As I use this as a business tool, and I didn't like some of the inappropriate and "scantily clad" images. It didn't exactly send the type of message I wanted to send to my clients.

Oh, I see. Didn't realise there were any :rolleyes:

• Moderators
It didn't exactly send the type of message I wanted to send to my clients.

Since you don't want to deal with stuff another company may have on its site in the form of ad's, etc., you should probably host the files yourself.

Since you don't want to deal with stuff another company may have on its site in the form of ad's, etc., you should probably host the files yourself.

I thought about that. What's the best and most secure way to do that?

is it ok with dial-up & don't get spyware Castlecops.com say it bad dont do it, I dont know how you go ok or not hope you ok. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:http://www.commonsensesecurity.info/security/avoid.html > You may think your back door is not used much. But occasionally a guest in your house might have a bunch of friends waiting outside, and they open the backdoor to let them in without your knowledge. File sharing programs like iMesh and KaZaA do just that by installing 'helper' programs that gather information about you and send that off to other computers.

https://my.infotex.com/article.php?story=20080207202108862

Fraudulent Microsoft Update Web Site http://p2p.malwareremoval.com/index.html is not Microsoft dont go bad :unsure: