Safe sites

craigathus

Hi all B)

My parents just got a new PC and I want to recommend some safe easy to use (navigate) websites that they might find interesting.

That question is like asking: "I just got a car, now what road should I drive on?" :P

There are plenty of sites out there but we have no idea what your parents like. :lol:

Hi rridgely B)

I guess It's a pretty broad question :rolleyes:

They are retired and like all the things retired people like: gardening, reading, travel, etc...

Mums a huge Crosswords fanatic :lol:

• Moderators

Install McAfee SiteAdvisor, then give them a lesson on how it can keep them away from scrupulously websites via the warning icons in their searches - of course that's no failsafe but it helps, and it's of little use when not using a search engine.

It wouldn't hurt to install either Firefox or Opera either and to let them know to only resort to using Internet Explorer in a "must use situation" when a site doesn't work with Firefox or Opera.

Thanks Anavari & hazelnut :)

With my parents being fairly new to surfing the net, I've been trying to teach them over the phone what to do' and not to do etc...

They live about 1500Km away in another state.

• Moderators
They live about 1500Km away in another state.

That's a good distance away, so you wouldn't be able to swoop in at a moments notice to rescue their PC on site if they get into trouble. If their computer ever does get into trouble you know where to send them for help - this very forum!

That's a good distance away, so you wouldn't be able to swoop in at a moments notice to rescue their PC on site if they get into trouble. If their computer ever does get into trouble you know where to send them for help - this very forum!

Is there any other forum? :lol:

Prevention is always better than cure, so with fingers crossed they won't need to post any HJT log's etc... B)

Calendar of Updates is a good site to check about once a week to see if the Security applications have been updated:

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?act=calendar

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

www.youtube.com !

i can browse that site for hours and just watch videos all day

i was browsing it the other day and discovered a sport I've never heard of before, it's called "Parkour"

check it out, it's pretty crazy..

I wish I could do that!