CCleaner 2.0 Bug/suggestion

warmth

hi there... this is more a suggestion than a bug... but I think that is important to keep the good shape of the new version... as you can see in the picture... some of the programs dislplayed have their version in the name but some haven't... and some aren't updated... for example I'm running Windows live messenger 8.5 and it says that I am running MSN Messenger... I don't think is too difficult to see the versions of the programs so... My suggestion is to keep it updated and showing the real version you are running... :unsure:

post-11598-1189613520_thumb.jpg

post-11598-1189613520_thumb.jpg

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

• 2 weeks later...

somebody???

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

• 3 weeks later...
:(

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

I hope this will be implemented in next releases... but I need to get the attention of all CCleaner developers...

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

sorry but I didn't understand u... what u mean??? open the .ini file???

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

soo .. u new to computers eh? .. download the winapp2.ini file from Andavri's link .. open the file check it out .. update whatever you want .. put it in CCleaner's install directory .. umm i think you aren't gettin anythin i'm sayin .. .. u need professional help :P

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

Hello warmth :)

You may not have had a read of this

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

a lot of good information there.

Any more questions, just ask.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
sorry but I didn't understand u... what u mean??? open the .ini file???

You'd just download the winapp2.ini file. For instance AVG Antivirus 7.5 is listed in winapp2.ini -- not in the official winapp.ini file installed by CCleaner.

If you already know how, or learn to make your own winapp2.ini entries you'll no longer have to wait for programs to be updated officially in the default install.

soo .. u new to computers eh? .. download the winapp2.ini file from Andavri's link .. open the file check it out .. update whatever you want .. put it in CCleaner's install directory .. umm i think you aren't gettin anythin i'm sayin .. .. u need professional help :P
Actually no... 5 years developing and desiging websites gave me some experience B) ... I just didn't get what he said first time... I'm a non native english speaker and sometimes is difficult for me to understand the real sense of the words... thanks to all here for your help I already knew all that info before... my suggestion is actually to avoid this "addon"... I think would be very useful and good looking to see the updates coming in the installation and no replacing/editing a file... My idea is that someone takes care of the update of this file before the next release get out... or to retrieve the update of this file throught an update manager inserted into the CCleaner program... this would see your CCleaner always showing latest info about your installed programs...

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Actually no... 5 years developing and desiging websites gave me some experience B) ... I just didn't get what he said first time... I'm a non native english speaker and sometimes is difficult for me to understand the real sense of the words... thanks to all here for your help I already knew all that info before... my suggestion is actually to avoid this "addon"... I think would be very useful and good looking to see the updates coming in the installation and no replacing/editing a file... My idea is that someone takes care of the update of this file before the next release get out... or to retrieve the update of this file throught an update manager inserted into the CCleaner program... this would see your CCleaner always showing latest info about your installed programs...

What you read in that dialog is not automatically detected by CCleaner.

It is simply written in a text file (that is winapp.ini or winapp2.ini, as mentioned before).

In my opinion, eg. Yahoo!Messenger or MSN Messenger, or WinZip, or WinRar,

are... enough descriptive about what application will be cleaned. Specify program

versions there is absolutely pointless, since usually people never install more

versions of the same application :)

The whole list of installed applications can be read in other section of CCleaner,

that is under Tools > Uninstall

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

is question about stetic and professionalism... two things are important for me... maybe for you don't...

but what I see is a problem/bug is how you include folders to clean that has chars with accents, tildes, etc...

look for example in winapp2.ini file there is a section that points to clean Messenger Plus! Live Logs... but this is pointing to a folder that is in english... how about I have the MP!L installed in spanish??? my forlder isn't the same... and guess what... my path is: %userprofile%\Mis documentos\Mis historiales de conversaci?n... and doesn't work when I edited it (actually if you include the folder by software doesn't work neither)... I think is because the ? char... correct me if I am wrong...

[*Messenger Plus! Live (Logs)]LangSecRef=3022Detect=HKCU\Software\PatchouDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Mis documentos\Mis historiales de conversaci?n|*.*

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

• Moderators
but what I see is a problem/bug is how you include folders to clean that has chars with accents, tildes, etc...

look for example in winapp2.ini file there is a section that points to clean Messenger Plus! Live Logs... but this is pointing to a folder that is in english... how about I have the MP!L installed in spanish??? my forlder isn't the same... and guess what... my path is: %userprofile%\Mis documentos\Mis historiales de conversaci?n... and doesn't work when I edited it (actually if you include the folder by software doesn't work neither)... I think is because the ? char... correct me if I am wrong...

I know what you mean. In order for stuff like that to get corrected though I'd think there'd literally have to be a translation team that could translate for the currently supported CCleaner languages.

I can offer myself to be part of that team...

And how about the special chars bug???

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Yes mate... but I meant that adding paths with those special chars aren't working neither the INCLUDE feature nor the winapp2.ini add-on...

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

I know what you mean. In order for stuff like that to get corrected though I'd think there'd literally have to be a translation team that could translate for the currently supported CCleaner languages.

What i usually do for get CCleaner working on my italian O.S. is:

Open winapp in notepad, find and replace what follow:

Application Data > Dati Applicazioni

Local Settings > Impostazioni Locali

This solve almost the 90% of the 'detect applications paths' issue.

:)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

yes that is an unofficial way of do it... what I'm suggestion is develop a official fix to it...

@warmth

Betatesting a life!