Who wants to swim with one of these?

LuLu

Yes there's some awfully weird and wonderful creatures in the depths of our oceans yet to be discovered.

As with the seed shrimp, the appearance and lifestyle of all the ridge's wonky creatures are a perfect fit for deep-sea life. The jewel squid, for instance, sports lopsided eyes to keep an eye out for predators (like the viperfish) both above and below.

?It is like surveying a new continent half way between America and Europe," Priede said. "We can recognize the creatures, but familiar ones are absent and unusual ones are common. We are finding species that are rare or unknown elsewhere in the world.?

Thats not nice and where is it located

Hi CORN B)

My guess is the "Bermuda triangle" :D probably there on vacation B)

LOL yeah not nice at all. Can't say exactly where it's located, but the article says they found it about 2 miles below the ocean's surface. Either way, I'm glad I've never encountered one. :lol:

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

You know it is fact that we know more about the moon's surface then we do about our own oceans.

That makes me wonder where our priorities are sometimes :P .

AJ

You speak the truth, my friend. I remember having to do a speech for debate class on that very subject. I got an A. :lol: But I digress; the cool thing is that as more technology develops, the more we will be able to explore the ocean depths and find all these new creatures. Will we ever find them all? I highly doubt it, at least not in this lifetime. But the discoveries in recent times are astounding to say the least. They really do make you wonder what else is down there.

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

Its teeth are rather unique in length, and their translucent appearance is interesting too. I wonder just how useful its teeth are though, they look long enough to be more of a hindrance than a benefit - although I wouldn't want to be the fool to test that theory.

I don't want to know!!! LOL

AJ

The article says that thing eats squid. Squid can get pretty big so that thing must be big.

Next time I'm a mile deep in the ocean I will watch out for one of those. If it gets in my way I will kick it's ass. :lol:

• Moderators
I'm coming with the drinks! And the burgers and hotdogs, for people who want NORMAL food! :P

You must've never seen the movie Uncle Buck starring the late great John Candy. Hotdogs aren't normal food according to the raccoons in that movie. :lol: